Kerm, I would like to enter my game. It is called Adropod, and it is TI-83, BASIC, and text-based. May I enter it? It is complete.

CalebHansberry wrote:
Kerm, I would like to enter my game. It is called Adropod, and it is TI-83, BASIC, and text-based. May I enter it? It is complete.

You certainly may. Although I haven't posted the official submission guidelines, you can email it to us in a zip file as a .8xp (or .83p, I suppose) with a .txt readme included. You also need to start a topic in this Contest subforum about your project and tell us a little bit about it. Finally, this is something that you haven't released anywhere previously, correct?
KermMartian wrote:
You certainly may. Although I haven't posted the official submission guidelines, you can email it to us in a zip file as a .8xp (or .83p, I suppose) with a .txt readme included. You also need to start a topic in this Contest subforum about your project and tell us a little bit about it. Finally, this is something that you haven't released anywhere previously, correct?

No, I have not released it.
Then it should be perfectly acceptable for the contest, as long as you follow those other guidelines I mentioned. Smile
Hey Kerm, may I appeal the decision you made earlier about my entering of Detonate to the Cemetech contest? Since I only worked on it for about a week in July and other contestants have had over a week to work on their entries now (I have not touched Detonate since July), I believe it is on equal grounds that I would be entering this contest on. Regardless, I would like to be able to release Detonate by the end of the year and this appeal would just give me something to enter it to (which I always find fun) and would up the number of programs submitted to your contest by one.
It's your choice however, and I will not be offended if you uphold your previous judgement. Thanks for understanding!
I have question about what i could enter. Could I enter an arcade game library. (Meaning that it would add features to help progammers make games easier than they could if you were making one with Xlib/celticIII/omnicalc/picark)
Ztrumpet: After discussion with the judging staff, we have decided to tentatively reverse my earlier decision, on the condition that the final version shows significant change over the summer version. Smile Fair enough?

Spud, you could, but in order to be fairly judged, your library should come with a solid demonstration program.
KermMartian wrote:
Ztrumpet: After discussion with the judging staff, we have decided to tentatively reverse my earlier decision, on the condition that the final version shows significant change over the summer version. Smile Fair enough?
Sounds fair to me. Thanks!

Edit: I just realized that I wouldn't be allowed to release Detonate at the end of the month like I wanted to do if I put it in your contest. For this reason, I will not be entering it. However, I'll see what I can do about making a game in the first half of January to enter...
How far can it stray to still be considered an arcade game?
Great, ztrumpet, I hope you succeed. Willrand, can you describe your idea, and I can tell you how it sounds?
Well, I was thinking of an RPG that would use arcade games as its battle method, which would be different every time. I'd probably only have a demo for the contest, though.
willrandship wrote:
Well, I was thinking of an RPG that would use arcade games as its battle method, which would be different every time. I'd probably only have a demo for the contest, though.
That's admittedly borderline as far as fitting into the Arcade theme, but I'm willing to be lenient and give it a try.
I probably won't do it. Just brainstorming for ideas, and I think that one would take too long to implement.
willrandship wrote:
I probably won't do it. Just brainstorming for ideas, and I think that one would take too long to implement.
Fair enough. Nothing small and simple that you could whip together for the contest, just for fun? Sad Also, I need to remember to send out a site-wide email reminding people about the contest, hopefully to motivate existing entrants and perhaps attract a few new ones.
No, not the contest, that particular idea. I'll see what I can scratch together by the deadline Razz
willrandship wrote:
No, not the contest, that particular idea. I'll see what I can scratch together by the deadline Razz
Great, I hope you're successful! I still need to remember to send that mass email summarizing the year in review and reminding people to work on their contest entries. :/
I know this is kind of late to start a project, but I am going to try to make a game similar to Lose Lose (the computer game that generates aliens based on files on your computer and deletes them when that alien is killed).

Would this be a valid entry?
Indeed! Are you going to make it for the computer or for a calculator? I've always loved that game, and even plan to make it some day Smile
Emerov wrote:
I know this is kind of late to start a project, but I am going to try to make a game similar to Lose Lose (the computer game that generates aliens based on files on your computer and deletes them when that alien is killed).

Would this be a valid entry?
It certainly would, and welcome to Cemetech! You should Introduce Yourself when you have a chance, as well as start a topic about your contest entry in this subforum.
_player1537 wrote:
Indeed! Are you going to make it for the computer or for a calculator? I've always loved that game, and even plan to make it some day Smile

I'm making it for the calculator in Axe. I have been messing around with the VAT recently to see what could be done and thought it'd be kind of neat to make a game with what I learned. Lose Lose was the first thing that came to mind. I always thought the game was really cool too, it bringing into question mindless violence toward a bunch of innocent aliens and all that. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours