This is my entry for the Prizm basic part of the contest #8.
Free Wheel is a simple game, where you control a wheel to collect your life.
However you can't stop the wheel. It bounces against walls and also falls in precipices or bursts against pics.

The game is nearly finished, but currently i'm making levels.
I want 80 levels divided in 4 worlds (easy, médium, hard and bonus).
I don't like making levels, so it will take a long time, i think.
That looks very nice Smile very colorful, and seemingly already quite polished! Good luck in the contest, this is seeming great Very Happy
Looks like a very well written game Smile So, I take it: hollow (white on the inside) squares are "bouncy", filled in squares are "deadly", and triangles.. Do they push you in the direction they face, or what? Also, I liked the song you put in the video Smile Is it called "Requiem of Summer" or something like that?
Looks very nice. Also very good editing on the video
The song is "Ca vaut mieux que d'attraper la scarlatine", composed by Ray Ventura. Link

Triangles are also "deadly". It's just to add color and fun !
This looks like a lot of fun, and also quite challenging. I can't wait to try it!
That looks like lots of fun indeed! Was the triangle of triangles inspired by the Zelda triforce symbol, or just something from your own head?
Triangles are inspired by the game I Wanna Be the Guy.
They look like pics, which kill you if you bounce against.

Quote:
This looks like a lot of fun, and also quite challenging. I can't wait to try it!

Yesterday, i upload the game with the 7 levels from the video.
It would be available soon, i think.
Purobaz wrote:
Yesterday, i upload the game with the 7 levels from the video.
It would be available soon, i think.
Yes you did; I see it in the queue. However, in previous Cemetech contests we haven't made executables available until after the contest deadline, once everyone's program had been submitted. I think we were planning on doing that again; would you object if your program couldn't be downloaded until then? Our usual justification is that if people see your program's source, they might use pieces of it for their own projects in the meantime, which we discourage.
Quote:
Yes you did; I see it in the queue. However, in previous Cemetech contests we haven't made executables available until after the contest deadline, once everyone's program had been submitted. I think we were planning on doing that again; would you object if your program couldn't be downloaded until then? Our usual justification is that if people see your program's source, they might use pieces of it for their own projects in the meantime, which we discourage.

Ok, i didn't know that. In fact it might be a good way to protect games.
It was only a beta so you can delete it from the queue.
Sorry for people who would like to try.

I'm going to finished the game.
Looks nice. I love how Prizm BASIC has such range of home screen tokens available for use compared to TI calcs. This reduces the challenge by not forcing you to create sprites with lines, but it's much faster and the fact so many characters are available allows for more creativity with just the home screen.

I also didn't know it was possible to display text in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
Good point about that text on the bottom, DJ_O; I didn't know that either. Purobaz, no problem, I shall delete it from the queue; I'm sure people can be patient enough to wait until the deadline. Very Happy
The game looks good fun, congratulations. Smile
Purobaz wrote:
The song is "Ca vaut mieux que d'attraper la scarlatine", composed by Ray Ventura.
It's actually Requiem for a Tower, which is a corny version of Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" leitmotif from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.
Just beat all the levels... this game is awesome! Congrats on winning the contest, purobaz!

Some ideas:

1. More levels! Very Happy
2. A level editor with a GUI. << That would be too cool!

We could have level packs!
You can very easily edit your own levels.

1. Edit FW~L
2. Modify a level

This is the special numbers you can add in the level :
1 : triangle turns on the top
2 : triangle turns on the right
3 : triangle turns on the bottom
4 : triangle turns on the left
5 : heart
6 : start

The last number at the end of the level corresponds to the number of hearts.

I have created all levels like this.
Don't hesitate to share your level packs.
maybe you should make a file called FW~LVLPKfor user-created levels so it doesnt get mixed up with your levels
flyingfisch wrote:
Just beat all the levels... this game is awesome! Congrats on winning the contest, purobaz!
Congrats indeed! I sat next to my girlfriend and played this game through, and was extremely engrossed until I finished the very last level. A well-deserved win.
This is definitely going on my Prizm tonight Smile Very nice job winning the contest!
Purobaz: In the 'difficulty' section you could make an entry called 'PLAYER'. Then you could make it get player levels from a program other than FW~L. Then you could give that program 9 blank levels. allow players to edit these levels, but not yours. I like your levels and I don't want to mess them up making my own levels. Wink
Where can I download the game? It isn't showing up on Cemetech's latest archive additions page. Shock

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the downloads section, it just doesn't show up on the front page. Probably a Cemetech glitch.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours