Purobaz wrote:
So can i use my own pictures loaded by computer in the game ?
Do judges have cg10 or cg20 ?

As for the first question, no, with C/ASM you can use any pictures; the pictures I was talking about are the background pictures used for the interactive graphing app Smile as you can see, there's pretty much no different between the FX-CG10 and FX-CG20.

As for the judges, I can only assume that pretty much all of them, if not all of them, will have FX-CG10's -- though, it doesn't matter at all.
Ashbad wrote:
Purobaz wrote:
So can i use my own pictures loaded by computer in the game ?
Do judges have cg10 or cg20 ?

As for the first question, no, with C/ASM you can use any pictures; the pictures I was talking about are the background pictures used for the interactive graphing app Smile as you can see, there's pretty much no different between the FX-CG10 and FX-CG20.

As for the judges, I can only assume that pretty much all of them, if not all of them, will have FX-CG10's -- though, it doesn't matter at all.
It does matter. The pictures that are used as backgrounds for graphing can also be used in Casio-BASIC as backgrounds. Since those images aren't compatible with the fx-CG10, they shouldn't be used in contest entries since most of the judges don't use fx-CG20s.
As per the consensus that was already reached, the judges live in America, so they'll have FX-CG10's. However, if we need CG20 programs tested, in extreme circumstances, we could probably find some European Prizm user to do testing for us. I would far prefer programs that run on both models, though.
Thank you for this informations, i will program a game compatible with the cg10.
Purobaz wrote:
Thank you for this informations, i will program a game compatible with the cg10.
Excellent, thanks for that. Be sure to start a topic in the Contest subforum about your entry once you know what you want to make!
Alright, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but am I allowed to use Zedd Physics Library (for an 83/84+(SE) game, ofc)?
buttsfredkin wrote:
Alright, I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but am I allowed to use Zedd Physics Library (for an 83/84+(SE) game, ofc)?
Yes, as long as you credit the author properly. Keep in mind that originality is one of the metrics used, so if you do use a library, use it elegantly.
Right-o, thank you!
buttsfredkin wrote:
Right-o, thank you!
No problem. Smile So do you know what you're going to make for the contest? I don't think you posted up your idea yet, unless I managed to miss it or forget it in the midst of all my schoolwork.
Just so others have no confusion this is what an arcade game is:

Wikipedia: Arcade Games wrote:
Arcade games often have very short levels, simple and intuitive control schemes, and rapidly increasing difficulty. This is due to the environment of the Arcade, where the player is essentially renting the game for as long as their in-game avatar can stay alive (or until they run out of tokens).

Games on consoles or PCs can be referred to as "arcade games" if they share these qualities or are direct ports of arcade titles. Many independent developers are now producing games in the arcade genre that are designed specifically for use on the Internet. These games are usually designed with Flash/Java/DHTML and run directly in web-browsers.

Arcade racing games have a simplified physics engine and do not require much learning time when compared with racing simulators. Cars can turn sharply without braking or understeer, and the AI rivals are sometimes programmed so they are always near the player (rubberband effect).

Arcade flight games also use simplified physics and controls in comparison to flight simulators. These are meant to have an easy learning curve, in order to preserve their action component. Increasing numbers of console flight arcade games, from Crimson Skies to Ace Combat and Secret Weapons Over Normandy indicate the falling of manual-heavy flight sim popularity in favor of instant arcade flight action.[26]
Source
Question: does it have to be pure arcade or can it be mixed with some other genre?
It can be a mix. The theme is arcade, but I'd say that the interpretation of "arcade" is pretty lenient. Just use some common sense. By the literal meaning, it could be a game you could see yourself playing at an arcade, or it could just be a little game (like, some people are making platformers, which I haven't really seen at arcades in the style they are making).
ah, Ok. Then I guess I could post my new entry soon XD
Also, to clarify based on a recent question from Aes_, board games like Monopoly are really cool, and we hope that you write them anyway, but they're unfortunately not really arcade games. Thus, we can't accept them as valid entries into this contest.
Hey, can Javascript be allowed (using canvas)?
That way it will work on many platforms Very Happy

(I'm interested in the computer section)
jimbauwens wrote:
Hey, can Javascript be allowed (using canvas)?
That way it will work on many platforms Very Happy

(I'm interested in the computer section)
I think I could accept that indeed. Smile Go for it!
Cool, I think I will compete for the computer section then Smile
jimbauwens wrote:
Cool, I think I will compete for the computer section then Smile
Excellent, I look forward to your thread and project description, then. And now you're inspiring to want to get back to an HTML5 + JS + DOM Storage project I've had on my list for a long time. I need clones. Sad
The clones wouldn't want to disappear later, so they will run away :p
jimbauwens wrote:
The clones wouldn't want to disappear later, so they will run away :p
Nooo, I would treat my clones fairly and humanely. Sad The only problem would be if they had as many new ideas as I have, which would mean the combined me would still have 10x as many project ideas as time in which to complete them. Very Happy

On a contest-related note, we've had such a good response so far that I need to get a few minutes to tabulate all of the contestants that I know about, and since the official start of the contest is today, post news about it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours