Hello

I'm new here, but i have a question. I want to make a bomberman game for the Nspire. I know this is quite difficult, as The judges don't have Nspires, but i thought i could try it

Welcome to Cemetech, Nick; great to have you with us. I think you didn't notice me trying to hail you in SAX, our site-wide chat widget; it can be found on the left of every page. Let me encourage you to Introduce Yourself, and be sure to post up topics about any other projects you might have going in the Your Projects subforum. Also, I think you meant to say you're from "Belgium", not "Belguim". Wink

Regarding your proposed entry: I have been talking to JimBauwens, who also mentioned he might want to either enter an Nspire program or help us judge Nspire games. I'm still not convinced, though; do you have any other calculators that you can write programs on?
FWIW, if needed, I can test, but then I can't enter in the other parts of the contest (like Prizm). I'm confused how this game works. Do you click, and it executes some sort of path finding algorithm to get to where you want (or, the closest to it), or do you use the arrow keys? And if it is the arrow keys, why do you click on the screen in places?
i had many people asking me this.. that was just to activate the emulator window, as i opened the recorder, and had to reactivate it. I use the arrow keys to move, nothing is done by the pointer Smile
Nick wrote:
i had many people asking me this.. that was just to activate the emulator window, as i opened the recorder, and had to reactivate it. I use the arrow keys to move, nothing is done by the pointer Smile
That makes a lot more sense; thank you for the clarification. I think you may have missed my question; would you mind if I re-mentioned it?

Quote:
[...D]o you have any other calculators that you can write programs on?
oh, sorry, i read that, but it didn't reach my brains or something like that Smile well, i have a 84+, but my skills are really bad, i used to program axe, but that's gone already xs
Nick wrote:
oh, sorry, i read that, but it didn't reach my brains or something like that Smile well, i have a 84+, but my skills are really bad, i used to program axe, but that's gone already xs
Mmmm, and neither TI-BASIC nor z80 ASM nor Hybrid BASIC is particularly interesting or engaging for you? Sad
well, nvm.. they're all not developped strong enough to make real nice games or programs, maybe i'll find something if i think about it, we'll see
Nick wrote:
well, nvm.. they're all not developped strong enough to make real nice games or programs, maybe i'll find something if i think about it, we'll see
That's not to say you should abandon this topic though, even if you don't use this project for the contest! It looks like this could still be a fun port of a community-favorite MirageOS port of a fun game, so I hope you'll continue it regardless.
Update!!!

now the moving and bombing works, and i made it 3D, although it gets quite slow on calc.
I think i'll let it only redraw the rectangle around the player (and later the around AI/2nd player also), will this speed up the game, or does it calculate the whole screen drawing?

And this looks quite heavy stuff for 1 sentence XD
KermMartian wrote:
a fun port of a community-favorite MirageOS port of a fun game
No, it will be quicker Smile
I have to point out my amusement that you're using the Steve character from Minecraft as your avatar in that game.
Yup, looks quite nice Smile
i think i'm going to keep it 2D. 3D works fine and looks really nice, but it's too slow, even with the partially redrawing. But i think even this is good enough Smile i hope so..

sorry for giving you wrong hope :s
Sad thing you can't share your code in the contest, I would love to help you with speeding it up Razz
Nick wrote:
i think i'm going to keep it 2D. 3D works fine and looks really nice, but it's too slow, even with the partially redrawing. But i think even this is good enough Smile i hope so..

sorry for giving you wrong hope :s
You should hold onto the 3D code until after the contest though, so as Jim says, other people can try to help you speed it up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours