KermMartian wrote:
I did absolutely nothing of the sort. Very Happy Ashbad, you need to get your rear in gear on Trio and Nikky and/or Doorbell so you have something to present next week. Wink

I'll try, but it's probably going to be either-or: Doorbell is entirely broken right now, so it's gonna take a few hours just to get it up to shape; Trio and Niko has a very strange memory leak problem I've already spent 6 total hours debugging and searching for, with no avail. Hopefully by next week Trio and "Nikky" will have a decent chunk of the main engine done for show Wink
I'm gonna try HCWP on Saturday night at 8:00 E[S/D]T and see if anyone joins.
I demand to talk about merth's calcnet library! assuming, of course, that merth shows up...
Qazz: Then tell him you want to talk with him about it there, and see if you can force him to appear!

Spyro: Be sure to publicize it on SAX.

Ashbad: Best of luck with that, I hope you're successful. Smile
Made a poem about our beloved meeting time Smile

"So we invite all to come this week,
Come the smart, come the meek
Every Wednesday we meet in this room,
And listen to Geekboy's temper go kaboom
We do lots of things, we program and learn
And make funny songs and jokes about Kerm
It's a jolly old time, and if you can,
Come join us at Have Calc, Will Program!"

Cool
That's epic. I'm totally reposting this on Cemetech's pages. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:

Remember to quote me, MLA 7 style Cool
Ashbad wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Remember to quote me, MLA 7 style Cool
I used to be quite the MLA expert; sadly or happily, though, I haven't had much occasion to use it lately. Now all my citations are ACM-style. Anyway, thanks for a great night on HCWP, and thank you for at least discussing projects and coding for a few hours before starting on a Tetris marathon.
*bump* If you were not on Have Calc, Will Program last night, then you missed a demo of Catherine's contest entry, Ashbad's contest entry, Juju's current Arduino hardware project for school, and other brief appearances.

Most importantly, you missed a spontaneous HCWP dance-off.
DANCE OFF!
_player1537 wrote:
DANCE OFF!
Exactly, I almost think it was worth it to attend HCWP just to enjoy that. Very Happy I just realized that we didn't have BrandonW there, though, which saddens me. I bet he has some sick dance moves...
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
DANCE OFF!
Exactly, I almost think it was worth it to attend HCWP just to enjoy that. Very Happy I just realized that we didn't have BrandonW there, though, which saddens me. I bet he has some sick dance moves...

There was this kid at my school named Brandon who did this great dance called the "bread and butter", where he shook side to side while making the motions of buttering a slice of bread. It was actually pretty sick.
Aaaanyway, it was too quiet of a session, probably because it's getting towards the end of the semester and everyone is super-busy. What are we going to do about making the next session exciting and content-packed?
Moar Cemetech Contest #8 entries? Very Happy Maybe we could do a playthrough of some of the games for the POTY, and then talk about them/review them? *shrug*
It would be nice if we could start earlier. I leave right when you guys get started, or have another day. Just throwing that out there.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
It would be nice if we could start earlier. I leave right when you guys get started, or have another day. Just throwing that out there.
Unfortunately, I know that I for one barely get there on time as it is, since it's often 6pm or 7pm (or later) before I leave work, and I don't love attending from work. I find that for the majority of the people who attend (although thinking about it I guess that might be self-selecting), the 8pm EST time is a good balance for people across the US. Of course, I think a significant problem is that our European friends usually cannot attend.
Yeah this is why we set the French version of HCWP during afternoon on weekend, because this was the only time where both French people from North America and Europe could come online at the same time. It actually was set to start at 1 PM, to accomodate my work schedule (which leaves me at least one and half an hour to get on), but usually most people apparently arrive around 3-4 PM. There was even one night where it lasted until 4 AM.
I think the longest that HCWP has ever gone is when Jonimus and BrandonW stayed up until 6:30 or 7am working on something. Very Happy How many people generally attend the French TCAP?
Oh wow XD. As for TCAP it depends of weeks. The first one was obviously successful (I think the peak was 18 people online), but afterward it usually ranged between 6 and 12 people except the week before Adriweb and Critor showcased Ndless 3.1 on the Clickpad, where absolutely nobody showed up. Most people are usually TI-Planet users, although I remember Planète-Casio users came too before. I think I recall the Bauwens bros visiting a few times too, but they had to use Google Translate.
Not bad, that sounds like fun. I noticed that Planete-Casio published a news article about Cemetech Contest 8, so it's good we're linking up with the Casio community both English and French a bit better now. Will you continue to attend HCWP when you have the time?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours