Netham wrote:
That effectively deletes the icon unless the app is kind and keeps to itself.

Are you sure?

Quote:
Also, I'm not talking about iOS here, that's a more controlled environment where applications are kept track of; at least I hope it is.

Neither is rthprog, is referencing the similarity. Also, I've been able to move my installed applications freely and OS X tracks them and still let's me uninstall them, like shown above.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Netham wrote:

Are you sure?

Quote:
Also, I'm not talking about iOS here, that's a more controlled environment where applications are kept track of; at least I hope it is.

Neither is rthprog, is referencing the similarity. Also, I've been able to move my installed applications freely and OS X tracks them and still let's me uninstall them, like shown above.

Exactly. Deleting an app in "jiggle mode" deletes the app. Simple.

You can also reinstall anything you've bought from the MAS in the past without having to keep track of license keys, and install them on every computer you own.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Netham wrote:

Are you sure?

Yes, I am. As an example, check out Steam. It throws all kinds of files in folders outside the 'package' for it.

Quote:

Quote:

He was talking about iOS, you can deny that if you want, but it doesn't change that he was making comments about how iOS does things.
For your first part, you should really go back and look at everything first. You'll still miss the point, but it's worth the effort to go back and find said point.

Netham wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was talking about iOS, you can deny that if you want, but it doesn't change that he was making comments about how iOS does things.

He wasn't. Of course, those who aren't familiar with commonly adopted French words in English, might think so. rthprog misspelled "à la" as "ala." Which means, thanks to wiktionary, in the style of or in the manner of.
Also, I just saw Qazz's post on the end of the past page. Qazz, if you accidentally uninstall an app like that, you're doing it wrong. I have never uninstalled an app that I didn't want uninstalled. Even if you miss and click another app's X button, it still pops up a box asking if you are sure.
Netham wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Netham wrote:

Are you sure?

Yes, I am. As an example, check out Steam. It throws all kinds of files in folders outside the 'package' for it.

Quote:

Quote:

I am talking about OS X, not iOS. Uninstalling a Mac App Store application in Lion is identical to uninstalling an application in iOS.

Now, can we move on and talk about something more interesting than install/uninstall flows?
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/29/9093108-iphone-self-combusts-on-plane

Hmm, I'm sure the link itself describes the issue :p But to lengthen the post slightly, it started emitting smoke and something inside began to glow red.
I read that earlier. It's an interesting case. I don't think it's right to hold this against Apple though; There hasn't been many (if any?) phones self combusting in airplanes during landing, and that it's highly unlikely to have been the only iPhone 4(s) aboard.
Well, I just saw it, thought it was post worthy but not for it's own new topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours