The Orange Block 2.2 was released yesterday, after ~9.5 months of development.

Major Features Include:

The weapon list is now synced when connecting to a server
Added server news and ingame news editor
Freeze gun really freezes people now
Added animated bricks that spin and stuff
Added Ted's TOB2 watermark
New player models, including a new droid player and a shortie player. New zombie players.
Added Pr0gr4mm3r's brand new Pivot and Color switches
Added death animations
Fixed basically every previously reported bug that wasn't caused by an engine issue
Fixed jetlag
Money system updates
Changed the Enter Vehicle key into the Use key, which does more stuff
Massive help files updates
GUI overhauls, all by Elrune
--Admin GUI
--Editor GUI
--CAI GUI
--Main menu
Removed all useless files (model export details, etc.), so overall file size is much smaller

Download:

http://www.theorangeblock.org/ftp/The%20Orange%20Block%202.2.exe

Readmore: http://www.theorangeblock.org/forum/20-official-releases-a-news/32900-the-orange-block-22-release.html
inb4 no pix no clix
Heh, I tried it out, it was pretty good. I had a fun hour experimenting with TOB.

DShiz, it is legit, don't worry
qazz42 wrote:
Heh, I tried it out, it was pretty good. I had a fun hour experimenting with TOB.

DShiz, it is legit, don't worry

I know it's legit, I helped make it. I was just trying to warn the OP that screenshots would inevitably be requested sooner or later, hence "inb4"
oh, lol in that case XD my bad then. If I may give some input, I loved TOB. It was fun to play and I didn't have much difficulty with it. one question though, how do I get money? I don't quite understand...
qazz42 wrote:
oh, 0x5 in that case XD my bad then. If I may give some input, I loved TOB. It was fun to play and I didn't have much difficulty with it. one question though, how do I get money? I don't quite understand...

Oh that's easy. You plant the dirt brick(I think it's in slot 7 or 8 ) and then "mine" it with a melee weapon or explosive.

To "spend" money, you just need to name a spawned item with the editor staff and add a $ followed by a number after the name. For example, if you want to sell a batsword for $500, you could name it:
"Batsword - $ 500". As long as the $ is within the first six words the script will recognize the number afterward as it's price.
Also, server-side you can change the currency. I think it's something like $currency="$tuds" and it's in the alt + P "menu".

This happens if someone kills you with a headshot from a melee weapon, and it is AWESOME. Once severed, players can kick your head around indefinitely, resetting the deletion timeout with every collision.
Well, that is pretty cool.
Hmm, I missed this topic the first time around. Good job to you Orange Block guys; good to see that the project is still alive and well!
Oh my yes, playing soccer with a dude's severed head is one of the most fun things I've done in a lego game...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours