Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I just attempted to connect to the internet via WebHub, using Gcnclientgui.exe. It freezes. Then, I attempt to manually enter the console and connect, but I only get up to "wrote 20 bytes to socket" at which point, nothing else happens. Is there a later version? Am I doing something wrong. I have the device filter installed with Lib-usb.
Are you using Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2? With its included client and 8xk? Have you tried doing it manually without the gcnClientGUI, just to be sure?
Yes. Yes, and yes. And still fail.
ACagliano wrote:
Yes. Yes, and yes. And still fail.
Please try again in three minutes or so; I'm restarting all the gCn hubs just in case the problem is on my end.
Still didn't work. Sad Is there a mac client released? Or another update?
ACag, you are using a Mac? that could be the problem, as it is programmed under the .NET framework...
qazz42 wrote:
ACag, you are using a Mac? that could be the problem, as it is programmed under the .NET framework...


I am using Mac, but have Windows installed, via bootcamp. I also have the .NET framework installed.
I am impressed that somebody is actually using my tool! It still has some rough edges, but this issue sounds more like it's stemming from the actual GCN client rather than the GUI.

However, when you say it freezes, exactly what happens? The GUI shouldn't ever get blocked by the console program, so that might indicate a deeper problem.
Ok, when I start up the GcnClient GUI, and enter the data (DirectUsb, Web/IrcHub), then check retry on failure, I press Start, and the command prompt pops up, with a cursor that just blinks, but does nothing. Nothing further happens. When I go to press stop, I get "GcnClientgui.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

When I try using the command prompt to do it manually, the program establishes a connection, broadcasts a join message, then writes 20 bytes to socket, then seems to freeze. Five minutes later, it says that it lost the connection.
Out of curiosity, what's your calculator doing at that point? Is it inside Gossamer? On the homescreen?
I have tried it in all different places. On the homescreen, running Gossamer or Chat, or in DCS7. All the same result.

Thoughts? Does this seem server-side or client-side? Or calc-side?
ACagliano wrote:
I have tried it in all different places. On the homescreen, running Gossamer or Chat, or in DCS7. All the same result.

Thoughts? Does this seem server-side or client-side? Or calc-side?
I doubt it's server side, so it must be something client-side. Sad I feel like I must have asked this already - you installed the filter driver, right?
u didnt, but yes, the filter driver is installed. assuming that the filter was the issue, tho, i proceeded to remove and reinstall it. my error persisted.

is the filter port-specific? because if i install it on one port, it will not allow me to then move the calc to the other port and install it there.
ACagliano wrote:
u didnt, but yes, the filter driver is installed. assuming that the filter was the issue, tho, i proceeded to remove and reinstall it. my error persisted.

is the filter port-specific? because if i install it on one port, it will not allow me to then move the calc to the other port and install it there.
The filter driver is indeed port-specific. You can install the filter driver for multiple device-port pairs, but if you move the device to another port, you need to install the filter driver for that port.
*You *Assuming *though *I *My *Is *Because *I

lrn2grammar.
_player1537 wrote:
*You *Assuming *though *I *My *Is *Because *I

lrn2grammar.


To add to that, can we see the specific configuration that you have for it on the GUI one? Also, does it work using the recommended config on regular non-GUI gCn client?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement