That sounds good to me. Just be aware that you need to check the incoming buffer every once in a while and deal with any possible incoming frames to avoid a network deadlock condition.
Hey, are the getCSC codes the same in Cn2_GetK?
ACagliano wrote:
Hey, are the getCSC codes the same in Cn2_GetK?
This code would seem to indicate yes. Smile

Code:
Sandpaper_Main_CheckRemote_WaitResponse:   ;...then wait for response
   call Cn2GetK_Sub
   cp skClear
Can I do this to increase the sensitivity of the game? Or will it not have an effect. Note the "call Cn2_GetK" twice.

Code:
call    Cn2_GetK
    cp  skYEqu
    jr  z,Sensors
    cp  skWindow
    jr  z,Status
    cp  skZoom
    jr  z,Tactical
    cp  skTrace
    jr  z,Transporter
    cp  skGraph
    jr  z,SendMessage

call    Cn2_GetK
    cp  sk2nd
    jr  z,Phaser
    cp  skAlpha
    jr  z,Photon
    cp  skMath
    jr  z,Scramble
    cp  skMode
    jr  z,Cloak
    cp  skRecip
    jr  z,Lock
The number of microseconds spent doing all those jrs is so small that you waste a hugely larger amount of time doing the getK call. Smile Just do the long list of jrs.
*bump* Sounds like a good plan to me. To follow up on this, is everything going smoothly with your use of Doors CS's systems? I know this was originally just about the Associate Program API, but since we moved on from that, anything else?
not really. i do know that getKey waits for a keypress, then goes on, while getCSC just checks and goes. what does Cn2_GetK do? I'm looking for the Cn2-friendly version of GetCSC.
ACagliano wrote:
not really. i do know that getKey waits for a keypress, then goes on, while getCSC just checks and goes. what does Cn2_GetK do? I'm looking for the Cn2-friendly version of GetCSC.
It's a poorly-named function; it should really be called Cn2_GetCSC. It returns GetCSC-style codes, returns instantly, and does not read modifier keys, just like GetCSC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours