CalebHansberry wrote:
seana11 wrote:
Wow. Fail. But funny. That's pure comedy. Smile

Thank you so much. I know I'm just the Cemetech Sit-Down(or Let-Down as my younger brother says) Comedian. Believe me, I have done many other hilarious acts(like, I won't mention the one about my cellphone), this one is just the most devastating to me, and hilarious to everyone else.

pfft, you can't beat the extremely idiotic thing I did, involving a battery and a house current. I think Kerm already yell at me for it though Razz
qazz42 wrote:
pfft, you can't beat the extremely idiotic thing I did, involving a battery and a house current. I think Kerm already yell at me for it though Razz

Oh my. Did you connect a battery directly to the mains? If so, how large was the explosion? Very Happy
Well, hopefully it was a NiMH battery.
Well, thank you for all kind condolances.

However, I thought, "This is Cemetech! Surely if anyone can help, it won't be the computer technician downtown. No, it would be Cemetech! The pros have said it is impossible, so I will go to the hackers." Can we not do any better than this? Like perhaps DShiznit's idea?
I can't quite see what you have going in that picture; would you mind helping us by describing what we're looking at there?
Unfortunately, unlike in simpler curcuits, I doubt DShiznits idea will work, especially since the first few components, like regulators, tend to die in a way that allows them to fry further circuitry. Plus, good luck finding a datasheet on that mobo, with a parts list. You're also going to have a horrible time testing every single part, and if it turns out to be a custom IC then you're out of luck anyways (Which I find highly likely)

You might be able to salvage a great deal of parts, but you're probably never going to see it run as a whole again.
@Kerm: That is the motherboard. I would like to know what is blown, even if there is no way of fixing it.

@Willrandship: Perhaps you are right. I do not claim to be the techy around here. Regardless:

I will be unable to continue this project for a while now, whatever could be continued. We will be moving from the beautiful Willamette valley to the eastern plains of Colorado hopefully within the year, so I will be too busy. In addition, I have purchased jointly with my brother another vintage laptop, made by Zeos. It fulfilles most of my old-laptop needs, and thankfully I was able to get all my information off of the hard drive after the GRiD died.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours