I would join this time, but having no knowledge about this sort of thing, I can't.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
You said no code or binary may be not be released. Are we allowed to get private help with our code, or is it a solo act only.
You are not allowed to get private help, nor may you ask questions on specific code. You can publicly ask high-level questions here on the forum, such as "how do I do blah with tilemaps"; you can't ask low-level questions such as "why doesn't this line of code display a proper tilemap...".
Does grammer fit under hybrid basic? Oh, and I announced that I was going to remake Mino, but the problem is that I already announced it yesterday, and so it's also in the wrong forum, if I can still enter it then please move it! Smile
I am going to do a remake of plants vs. Zombies in axe.
I have decided to make a game using xLib. For a hint of what happens, it is going to be titled "Castlevania Run"

I think I got the details set in my mind so far. This is good because it shall prompt me to 1. get back into Basic and 2. Learn how to use xLib
I'm basically making a Phoenix 4.0 port, with the cool weapons hype and interesting-shaped enemies -- except with bosses, cooler enemy patterns (think Galaga), and very retro graphics (think Galaga again, but maybe slightly higher-end) -- for the Prizm in C Smile
I'm making a game that is pretty much a mix of Galaga and Pacman. Right now, I'm going through an XNA tutorial and planning what my sprites will look like, and I'll create a topic once there is some actual progress. Smile
I somehow doubt that GlaßOS programs will be allowed...
adamac17 wrote:
I would join this time, but having no knowledge about this sort of thing, I can't.

There's nothing preventing you from learning how to make arcade games. Smile You should definitely try to make something for the contest, it would expand your knowledge of programming and it would be different from the text-based games you've made so far.
what exactly is "arcade" game?
souvik1997 wrote:
adamac17 wrote:

There's nothing preventing you from learning how to make arcade games. Smile You should definitely try to make something for the contest, it would expand your knowledge of programming and it would be different from the text-based games you've made so far.

A wise man once said, "The day you stop learning is the day you die." Take a chance. The worst thing that could happen is you learn nothing, the best thing you win and learn. Why not take the chance??
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
adamac17 wrote:

A wise man once said, "The day you stop learning is the day you die." Take a chance. The worst thing that could happen is you learn nothing, the best thing you win and learn. Why not take the chance??

nono, the worst is that you learn, but never make anything final for the contest. The best is that you enter, learn, and win.
Kerm, can I enter this even though I've already started coding on it and have some screenshots out? If not, I'll just aim for a release date around Christmas like I was planning.

zeldaking wrote:
I am going to do a remake of plants vs. Zombies in axe.
I was just thinking about how awesome this game would be on calcs; good luck! I cant wait for it.
KermMartian wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
You said no code or binary may be not be released. Are we allowed to get private help with our code, or is it a solo act only.
You are not allowed to get private help, nor may you ask questions on specific code. You can publicly ask high-level questions here on the forum, such as "how do I do blah with tilemaps"; you can't ask low-level questions such as "why doesn't this line of code display a proper tilemap...".

Ok. Thanks. This should be fun, but it is fair. I cant steal weregoose's knowledge for myself. Wink So Now to post a problem on my thread..
I'm thinking of entering the Prizm and Computer sections, with a 5-second game pack (I think it's like Warioworld, where you have lots of challenges one after another and you have to finish them quickly, in 5 seconds) and a Bloons Tower Defense-esque game in Python using PyGame, respectively. Of course, I might change my mind, but it definitely sounds like a fun set of games to write Smile
Perhaps you meant Warioware? Is it kind of like this?

If so, very interesting idea, good luck Smile
That would be interesting. Also _player. I would definetly like to play that TD game.
Let's see what I need to say and answer.

>> Everyone: start topics in this subforum about your project! That's key.
>> _player: Great idea
>> ZTrumpet: Let me think about it. Something from July doesn't exactly count as something you recently started, so I'm inclined to say no. If not, would you still be interested in entering with another project?
>> Yeong: anything that you might go to an arcade and play. Generally fast-paced, shorter games, such as side-scrollers, space shooters, platformers, fast-paced puzzle games, and the like. Phoenix is a classic Arcade-style game, for example.
>> Ashbad: Sounds amazing! We definitely need something like that for the Prizm, whether you win or not. Smile
>> Qazz: Superb!
>> Ahelper: I assume it would be hard to port whatever you have in mind to the TI-OS? Sad
KermMartian wrote:
>> ZTrumpet: Let me think about it. Something from July doesn't exactly count as something you recently started, so I'm inclined to say no. If not, would you still be interested in entering with another project?
Perhaps. It would depend on if I have the time or not.
ztrumpet wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Perhaps. It would depend on if I have the time or not.
I hope so. Smile Since it sounds like a lot of people will be entering Axe, Hybrid BASIC, and Prizm programs, perhaps there's something BASICy you're interested in working on?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours