» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
IF a language were to be made, how about a simplified version of LISP? All you need is a way to represent the lists, a way to store functions, a way to interpret them, and a way to allocate lists. That's the amazing thing about the language; it defines most of itself Smile
shkaboinka wrote:
IF a language were to be made, how about a simplified version of LISP? All you need is a way to represent the lists, a way to store functions, a way to interpret them, and a way to allocate lists. That's the amazing thing about the language; it defines most of itself Smile
Yup, implement exec and lambda and you have a language, then the hard work of the standard library begins. Razz
I vote that the "what goes into making a language" debate should go into a separate thread. And you guys should totally do it.

Leafy: excellent!
_player: Perhaps you could work on one of the Ravens?
Kerm, I might do that if my current game doesn't pan out (or I get bored of it). The first post says something about choosing a genre of game, I think arcade games would work out pretty well Smile
Woot, glad Arcade Games seems to be fairly popular, not to mention that I think it's broad enough for a lot of people to be able to find something that they want to do within that. Also, I'm proposing starting the contest December 1st (or essentially now, I guess) and having it run through until the end of everyone's Christmas Break. When do people go back to school/work/whatever in January?
That is a good date to start it, after everyone is done worrying about finishing their zContest program. Sounds good.
zeldaking wrote:
That is a good date to start it, after everyone is done worrying about finishing their zContest program. Sounds good.
What about the end date? That's what I'm the most unsure about at this point. Smile
I think a good ending date would be somewhere between the middle to the end of January. Then, people would have time to make quality programs and it wouldn't be too long in my opinion
souvik1997 wrote:
I think a good ending date would be somewhere between the middle to the end of January. Then, people would have time to make quality programs and it wouldn't be too long in my opinion
I could live with that, perhaps around January 20th or so.
Hmmm, well supposing most people have christmas break untill Jan, Christmas break is a good time to work on the projects, so I think... the end date should be:
End of January
2 Months sounds like enough time. But this is my opinion.
Well maybe Mid February?? I don't know.
wait it started?
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
wait it started?
No, relax, you didn't miss it. Very Happy I'll be announcing it tonight, with an official start on December 2nd; I'll repost a news article on December 2nd for the official start. Zelda, yeah, endish of January. I only worry that if it's too far into January, people will put off their projects until school starts, and then not get them done.
Well, That is true, but isn't it a new semester so would teachers give projects throughout the break?
Ah, good. It's after zcontest XD
Is there a requirement for the entries?
I think it should end around January 20th, the judges should judge the entries for 5 days, and then you announce me as the winner on my birthday! \o/ (In all seriousness, January 20th sounds good)
_player1537 wrote:
I think it should end around January 20th, the judges should judge the entries for 5 days, and then you announce me as the winner on my birthday! \o/ (In all seriousness, January 20th sounds good)

Enter the Prizm contest and I'll make my game really awful, so that you can win and have a good birthday Wink then of course, you'd owe me some cake.

Anyways, I'm assuming a good procedure for the contest entries would to make their own progress threads so that others can see the hard work and exciting features they contain as they evolve over the contest's length? (I know the answer, but it's like a cheesy question intended for Kerm to say "YES" to so that we have more exciting topics here Smile )
I was actually thinking about, learning C for the prizm to enter it in this contest, but i dont think my current schedule will allow me to. But I might.
does TI-84+ BASIC counts?
Yes, TI-84+ BASIC counts. I'm about to post the official news article and topic about it, which should answer most of the questions you may have. Ashbad, posting topics to announce your entry and to show your progress is absolutely encouraged and in fact required. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours