» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
It was "officially" released yesterday. Instead of Minecraft Beta 1.8 it's Minecraft 1.00, which would technically be 2.0 I suppose.
that is great and all, too bad notch removed one of th fundamental thing in minecraft. just what exactly is minecraft without the famous "OOH" grunt?

but I digress...
KermMartian wrote:
And you don't even have smooth lighting and fancy graphics with the 4x AA my desktop's graphics card can handle turned on! Wink I see that you managed to skip a whole version without the rest of us, though; care to share?

Heh, smooth lighting and fancy graphics aren't going on until I can install optifine. Also, I called notch up and he gave me a prerelease.

On a side note, the bone cracking sound you hear whenever something falls adds a lot to the ambiance. Ah, the joys of falling off a cliff and hearing *crunch*
comicIDIOT wrote:
It was "officially" released yesterday. Instead of Minecraft Beta 1.8 it's Minecraft 1.00, which would technically be 2.0 I suppose.
*Kerm's mind boggles at Minecraftian logic that lets 1.00=2.0. I love this mathematical system. Wink I was being silly about what I assume was just a simple typo.

I guess I'll have to download this at some point when I have free time and try it out; thus far I've been resisting because Evocatus won't be upgraded for a week or two, at least until Bukkit catches up.
Yeah. My friend already updated but my server has not. I have as well, but I saved my 1.8 minecraft.jar so I can continue to play on my server.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Yeah. My friend already updated but my server has not. I have as well, but I saved my 1.8 minecraft.jar so I can continue to play on my server.
Good to hear. Smile Will you be sticking with us Arcadians on Evocatus 5.0 running MC 1.0?
Not likely, I'm enjoying Creative mode. I'm planning to switch my server back to Survival after I finish building stuff, though.
since notch is dumb and decided not to fix a bug that prevents you from joining a server 75% of the time, here is the said patch for it.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/801030-100-invalid-server-key-fix/
qazz42 wrote:
since notch is dumb and decided not to fix a bug that prevents you from joining a server 75% of the time, here is the said patch for it.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/801030-100-invalid-server-key-fix/
Thanks for sharing that, Qazz. I'm sure that many among the Evocatus users will also be happy to have that once we switch over, and of course our large overlapping Cemetech/Minecraft userbase will find it useful.
*Bump*

Moved this to the content & gallery subforum.
elfprince13 wrote:
*Bump*

Moved this to the content & gallery subforum.
Thanks, that seems like a more appropriate place for it.
Decided to do start a project on my server. I already have a "home" but the spawn point of the server was pretty bland and was virtually right outside and to the right. So, I explored and found this cave with a natural stair-esque raise to the surface. The third picture of this set is in the original cave but with the floor removed and blinged and the corners removed and blinged. But the shape is all natural, I did not do any reshaping within the cave. The stairs up underwent some cosmetic changes as well as the glowstone, iron bars and the "chandelier" were inserted by me. I had to cut into the natural wall to insert the glowstone & iron bars.

Of course, all of this was on creative so far.

My friend & I have finished the building but I haven't taken a screen shot. It's covered in torches and glowstone to prevent mobs from spawning until I get the zones working and prevent mob spawns in the temple zone. Once that happens I'll take screen shots of the interior.

Looks great, comic! Usually a profusion of the precious blocks (gold, iron, diamond, lapis) looks cheap to me, but in this case it seems to work nicely. What's your goal for this server? I look forward to those mountain screenshots!
KermMartian wrote:
Looks great, comic! Usually a profusion of the precious blocks (gold, iron, diamond, lapis) looks cheap to me, but in this case it seems to work nicely. What's your goal for this server? I look forward to those mountain screenshots!

Thanks! The exterior looks pretty funky as it's iron walls with a tone ceiling.wirh no precious blocks inside, yet. We've been pretty busy too. My friend has mastered TNT quite well so we were able to level so ground rather quickly for a city.

Before I finish talking about the temple and city, let's talk mods. I have iConomy installed and some companion mods for it. Timeismoney gives players money foe every minute they are connected. During the build phase its rather Hugh to encourage my friends to help build. Once we finish the city and perhaps a few other things I'll lower the rate a minute to 10 cents or less. I have a kit mod I'm trying to get working with iConomy through another mod that supposedly make any command an iConomy command. I'm also trying to get the kit mod to work with the level mod I have (which adds features to the vanilla levels). Then lastly I have a mod for repairs, which works with iConomy. Lastly. I have an experience mod that gives experience for mining blocks, certain blocks require more to be mined to yield any experience for the user. When they do get the experience, it's not much.

Now, the city will have a few houses for rest and ownership, but a majority will be for explorers, such as a repair shop and a supply. Pick things of a chest and the cost of the item gets deducted.

For the goal of the server. Just a place for my friends to hang out. Nothing public. Smile

Here is a shot from the front. You can see the diamond & lapis path that's visible in the first set of three photos above. From that same photo you can see the hill my friend demolished via TNT. Again in the same photo, the back of the temple will be farm land and a boat harbor, with mine craft boats not huge, built ones.

Put in some buildings and a recessed walkway.

The stone building at the top-center is the new spawn since new users spawned above ground rather than below. The building at the lower right is a "resident" house. A friend who joined my server recently built that but I plan to move it back a few blocks and add in a front yard. And I'll probably move it to the path behind the tall, wood plank structure. I built that eyesore as a hotel. Four rooms and villagers man the front desk. I thought it'd be funny, and it is.

The iron thing at the far left is the "ATM" for picking up any money you've earned through time played. If you don't pick it up and automatically gets transferred to iConomy upon logout. It's there if users need more money and don't wish to log out. No method of transferring money yet. I need to find mods that charge for the use of beds in the hotel and the other resources in back (Crafting Table, Furnace and an Enchanting Table.) The house will likely go up "for sale" at a monthly rate and - if possible a fraction will go to my friend who built it.

Getting closer and closer to a town that I can utilize in Survival.

A friend caught me snooping. Sad
Are you planning to open this server up to the public? Seems like you're doing some great work.
I removed the white list because the server stopped reading the updated list. Now, I have it set that new users have no permissions, so they can't build/grief.

I prefer to keep the URL private as it is locally hosted on my computer and not sure how many users I can have on at once. I've had 4 with no problem.

I can send the URL your way Smile
So me and my brother have recently begun playing on a home server again. While our buildings are nowhere near as impressive as some of the others I still wished to share them. All of these where made in survival mode as well.

Here is the basic overview of our area so far:

The inside of the main building:

The tunnel leading to my brothers living quarters:

His main area is empty so here is a shot of his bath house:

Here is the walkway to my house:

And my main room is empty as well but here it is anyway:

Outside picture of fish area and pyramid:

Inside fish area:

Inside pyramid:

Our animal farm:

Our vegetable farm:

The wheat above melons:

The random placement of torches in the pyramid is because I forgot to place light before closing it, so I made a suicide run in and placed as many torches as I could. When I went into it there where 3 endermen 2 skeleton archers and about 5 creepers. This led me to my next idea, an underground fighting arena. For it to work though I need more redstone and glowstone blocks.
Great stuff, Lafferjm! Is it fair for me to guess that you're also playing on Survival mode rather than Creative mode (since you seem to have limited resources and fear dying)? In that case, your builds are of course significantly more impressive. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours