My response to the Cemetech coding competition no. 8 ^^

This was more a test of feasibility than anything else; I don't know if I'll finish this or how fast it'll end up being, but nevertheless I had to give it a shot Razz

It's a port of the famous game Super Crate Box, and there will be enemies and actual sprites in the future. Someday.
That looks very fun. I will probably get this once it is finished.
I don't believe the contest hasn't been announced yet. This may, or may not qualify. Though, it seems you can announce entries before the contest is announced, so don't hold my post with much merit.
Aye, based on zContent's example, I'm not going to disqualify entries that are announced slightly previously to the start of the contest, although unlike zContest getting specific coding help will not be permitted, nor will pre-deadline releases. Non-specific coding help and general game suggestion threads will still be very much welcome, as with Contest #7. Leafy, I'm impressed with the rapidity with which you put that together; very nice. You will certainly be a very strong contender for the contest! I was planning to wait until December 1st or 2nd to announce the contest to avoid taking focus away from zContest, but I suppose I'll post a news article this weekend about the contest, and then post a combo reminder/zContest results post in December. Also, if you guys haven't already done so, you need to help me figure out how long the contest should run for! I was thinking making it a winter break thing, end in early January.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't believe the contest hasn't been announced yet. This may, or may not qualify. Though, it seems you can announce entries before the contest is announced, so don't hold my post with much merit.

Oh wups, sorry, I just assumed from what Kerm said that the contest had been announced already ><
This game looks pretty awesome so far! I cannot wait to load it on to my calculator Smile

Great luck to you.
leafiness0 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Oh wups, sorry, I just assumed from what Kerm said that the contest had been announced already ><
It's an understandable bit of confusion; I talked concretely enough about it that I can easily see the misunderstanding. I plan to officially announce the contest tomorrow, so there's no reason to worry.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours