» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
hmm, a game theme? Sounds good! Can I use XNA, if possible?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh I was going to enter. I am just not sure I will win, but that is not the purpose of the competition. This will be fun.
Exactly, that's the idea. Smile Come on, guys, let's have some others of you weigh in on what you might want for a contest topic.

Edit: Qazz, is XNA C#?
C# and VB, yes. Also, it's more than a pain to get to work on others' computers (I spent about 8 hours total trying to figure out how to do it, hint: move the dlls into the folder with the exe and forget about licenses Razz). I'd like to do this if/when I find time Smile
_player1537 wrote:
C# and VB, yes. Also, it's more than a pain to get to work on others' computers (I spent about 8 hours total trying to figure out how to do it, hint: move the dlls into the folder with the exe and forget about licenses Razz). I'd like to do this if/when I find time Smile
Sounds a bit painful to judge, but I guess with detailed instructions, it's acceptable. You mean you'd like to participate? What subgenre of games?
The contest in general Smile And I'd much rather do a utility (programming language, anyone? Very Happy).
_player1537 wrote:
The contest in general Smile And I'd much rather do a utility (programming language, anyone? Very Happy).
Aye, but utilities attract fewer participants, not to mention taking longer to write and therefore discouraging more people with shorter attention spans. Wink
Quote:
(programming language, anyone? Very Happy).

\o *raises hand out of interest*
Umm, you want to write a programming language also?
_player1537 wrote:
Umm, you want to write a programming language also?

No, I raised my hand to do something else totally unrelated, yet tried to make it seem like I was responding to your post. Rolling Eyes
_player1537 wrote:

oh yeah, I totally forgot about that... meh, I'll give instructions on how to get it running. It shouldn't be that hard now that I have an idea of what to do
I applaud both of your interests in writing a new language, but I think those projects might be a bit big for contest entries that you guys are able to finish threaded into your schoolwork and everything. Smile May I prod you guys once again with picking a subgenre of "games" that appeals to you?
Please do NOT make a programming language for a CONTEST! ... Unless it's an amusing toy language Smile
shkaboinka wrote:
Please do NOT make a programming language for a CONTEST! ... Unless it's an amusing toy language Smile
I'm inclined to agree with you there; better to make something smaller for a contest and spend more time and energy on a language. Although I do like the idea of a toy language contest for a future contest session, just to get people's creative juices flowing.
In fact, here is a link to one I made (and I apologize for some of the immature comments in the readme; I made it a long time ago...):
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/357/35767.html
It seems you have posted the finest "Crap Interpretter" itself in it's full glory here; I was thinking along those lines, but a bit more serious Wink
KermMartian wrote:
I applaud both of your interests in writing a new language, but I think those projects might be a bit big for contest entries that you guys are able to finish threaded into your schoolwork and everything. Smile May I prod you guys once again with picking a subgenre of "games" that appeals to you?

Kerm, speaking of games, what type will there be? I assume a majority of generes. I currently have a 10% completed shooter that I would be more than happy to submit. It is barley worked on, would it be eligible to enter?
It is as long as it has not been released before.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
It is as long as it has not been released before.
That's exactly correct. As long as you're entering a program into the contest of which neither an executable nor source code has been released, you're fine.
Kerm, Well, I want to design one anyway; it's just an extra benefit that I could get to enter it in a contest Very Happy Other than that, I don't really want to program much, besides the game I have to write for the upcoming TSA (technology student association) competition, and I still have so much I have to do for that one.
Arcade sounds good, and I would never get sick of puzzle platformers Very Happy Although please no card games.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours