Well, how about some 8x8 noobs, some 16x16 bosses, and some 16x16 environment sprites? *idea* And why not use xlib for grayscale! Very Happy
Hmm. I might use strings of small 1s and 0s for n00b bullets.
Wow, this is really cool. Cool
Very Happy Thanks. Got any ideas?
Surprised Awesome idea! Lemme go make you those sprites. Can I get coauthorship for the idea and if I help a lot? Very Happy
For the program when it's released? Sure.
Perhaps make a real version and n00by version so that time isn't just a huge waste.
That would take more work. The real version would have to be done in ASM.
I think that we should abandon the n00bly coding idea though.
This is in progress:
Wowsers! Great pic Good Idea
Very good indeed. So in BASIC, but 1337ly programmed?
Thanks, I added some more stuff and de-dithered it. I'll continue when we decided colors (4-gray,3-gray,or b/w) and sprite sizes.
I'm thinking 3-level grayscale for the color, although b/w would be infinitely easier to program in basic. Sprite should be big for the archives, medium for the n00bs and you, and slightly larger for the n00b bosses.
use xLib by Patrick Prendergast...great lib...it's an app...check maxcoderz.net for the link...i don't have it right now...
I'll look at it.
Kuro wrote:
Sprites are good and I will take what you can give. Kevin, can you recommend some good ASM libs?
xLIB APP Smile
wizard3246 wrote:
use xLib by Patrick Prendergast...great lib...it's an app...check maxcoderz.net for the link...i don't have it right now...

See...Kevin seconded my statement...
wizard3246 wrote:
wizard3246 wrote:

See...Kevin seconded my statement...

Hey, I suggested it first. Sad Smile
yeah, I wondered about that. Oh well
I've got some more sprites coming up then. What is it, 3-level?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours