Thought of the day: Let's honor our veterans by not making any more of them.

War is hell, as many people have said. Why make people (whether conscripts or volunteers) go through hell so we can have lower fuel prices? Or, for that matter, revenge. I was taught that revenge is animalistic and asocial. So why do we fight vengeful wars?
I was wondering why a topic on this hadn't showed up... I'm not going to give my opinion on war here, because I believe that we should Honour our veterans on this day, and not debate the motives that made them what they are. To all you veterans out there, thank you.
I honor our veterans. All who are serving and all who served, and all who gave their lives for our freedoms. Freedom isn't free. I disagree with vengeful wars but I honor those who fight. I disagree that they our government calls them to fight. I choose to look at it this way. Without war there is no peace. There is just existence. We would have no idea of peace without war and no war without peace. I thank the veterans for providing peace even if I disagree with the wars.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I honor our veterans. All who are serving and all who served, and all who gave their lives for our freedoms. Freedom isn't free. I disagree with vengeful wars but I honor those who fight. I disagree that they our government calls them to fight. I choose to look at it this way. Without war there is no peace. There is just existence. We would have no idea of peace without war and no war without peace. I thank the veterans for providing peace even if I disagree with the wars.

Perhaps I should have phrased my original post differently.

Let's honor our veterans by not needlessly making any more of them.
Oh. Yes I agree with that. That makes a lot more sense chronomex
I agree with Chronomex; let's not start any pointless wars just to have something going on. I honor our veterans, and thank them for all they've done for us. Many have given their lives for our country, and they deserve our praise for laying their lives on the line so that we can stay at home and enjoy peace.
Indeed, thank you to our veterans for keeping us free. May all in the future have the freedom to enjoy the peace they earned for us with their blood, sweat, and tears.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours