» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyno wrote:
i wish i had minecraft, and a computer to run it T_T its also sad i cant play it's 2D counter part "Terraria" on my computer, so suckish computer V_V
Ah yes, I've heard of Terraria. I should probably try it out one day so that I can push one of the Cemetechians to try to write it for our trusty TI or Casio calculators.
Endermen are officially the most annoying and pointless enemies a game has ever had, it just makes my mind rage to see the trees with randomly missing blocks in them. Besides the fact that they are an easy 2 hit kill. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Tyno wrote:
i wish i had minecraft, and a computer to run it T_T its also sad i cant play it's 2D counter part "Terraria" on my computer, so suckish computer V_V
Ah yes, I've heard of Terraria. I should probably try it out one day so that I can push one of the Cemetechians to try to write it for our trusty TI or Casio calculators.

terraria is ok, but that too great. mining and placing stuff feels awkward. it is kinda a mix of maple story and minecraft to me
TheStorm wrote:
Endermen are officially the most annoying and pointless enemies a game has ever had, it just makes my mind rage to see the trees with randomly missing blocks in them. Besides the fact that they are an easy 2 hit kill. Sad
They've been nerfed as of 1.9 Pre.

I saw this Nedroid comic and briefly thought about an X-marks-the-spot treasure hunt that would culminate in a chest full of shovels.
Really have to test this mod;
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos#p/u/0/Xd7KYnagZEs
I'm trying to get a jar with (1) Zan's minimap (2) The WorldEdit GUI and (3) the new Shader mod put together, and I'm having no great luck yet. Feel free to give it a try if you're bored. Wink
Pizzaboy wrote:
That's a beautiful proof of concept, but I doubt I could ever bring myself to let the game play itself for me.</rainonparade>
I thought this was very cool: http://hackaday.com/2011/08/29/mineable-minecraft-block/#more-54053
I think it's interesting that these topics died. That said, Crafted on the iOS (and perhaps Android) app store is entertaining and stays true to its Minecraft roots. It's more a building game than the redstone, pistons, etc sort of game, which I am enjoying. Everything is in 2D, which takes some getting used to. For instance, double tapping the Place Block button will place the block in the background, so you can walk over it, but you can't put anything (except for a torch or ladder) over it. It doesn't seem that you can copy worlds, unless your device is jailbroken, or you have filesystem access, so we won't be able to share any worlds.
I tend to think that everyone's getting somewhat bored with Minecraft by this point, to be honest. That's a good point indeed.
I'd disagree. Nearly everyone at my school still plays, and loves, it. Though, I think people's attention spans really matter for how long a game is played. I got sick of it after a few months, whereas many have been going since it first started. But, I got into when it was still in Alpha, while some people started in late, late Beta. *shrug*
That's fair enough. I got into it around Beta 1.5, but I feel I've exhausted a lot of my creativity with it at this point. Perhaps I'll feel differently if there's a new Arcadia to be built at some point, but it can feel like such hard work on occasion.
I started my server up again, it's creative at the moment with intent to go Survival in the future once my friend and I have built our safe houses.

I can expand the whitelist and pm the server URL to those that are interested. No towny, or WorldGuard. It's a friendly, trustworthy server.
I might have to stop by at some point; I enjoyed experimenting with pistons on your server when 1.7 (?) first added them and Evocatus hadn't upgraded yet. I also owe rcfreak0 some time for generously getting me my Minecraft account. Smile
_player1537 wrote:
I think it's interesting that these topics died. That said, Crafted on the iOS (and perhaps Android) app store is entertaining and stays true to its Minecraft roots. It's more a building game than the redstone, pistons, etc sort of game, which I am enjoying. Everything is in 2D, which takes some getting used to. For instance, double tapping the Place Block button will place the block in the background, so you can walk over it, but you can't put anything (except for a torch or ladder) over it. It doesn't seem that you can copy worlds, unless your device is jailbroken, or you have filesystem access, so we won't be able to share any worlds.

crafted? I don't know, my brother got that game, it does not look very good from what I can see. Probably because of the awkwardness though..
I thought Crafted for iOS was absolutely awful. I've been playing this game for at least 6 months on my iPad, and it's been fun. It's purely creative, and it doesn't have stuff like Redstone, but I've made pretty rad creations in it: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eden-world-builder/id405743220?mt=8
I've been using Eden off and on, though not very much. I find _that_ interface painful to use because there's no crouching, you accidentally place blocks everywhere (same with deleting, coloring, and burning), and the lack of any mobs. It is, however, interesting to build something big out of wool and the burn it, or to abuse lava and gravity (jump from a big tower down into a pit of bouncy lava).

From playing with Crafted today, I can say that I like it more than Eden, at the least. The issues I've found with it, though, are: it crashes if you stay at the menu for too long, mobs can jump through walls, and it is difficult to place the blocks exactly where you want them (For instance, if there is a block in the background and you want to place a block one block higher, you can't because your focus is on that first block). The one where mobs can go through walls is especially annoying. I've lost parts of my house twice because of that. Also, the torches don't seem to go as far as I would have thought they would, but that just means I need to throw more around, which isn't too big of a pain, I guess.
I let my coffee cup do the fishing. (I made this for pre-6, but found it also works in RC2, so I rerecorded the video to keep it up-to-date.)

How do you find these things, Weregoose? Very Happy That's amazing. I think I like your videos as much for the music as for the content, actually.
It seems like Mojang released Minecraft Pocket Edition for iOS today. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be pretty good based on the screenshots and reviews.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 30 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours