i might b gettin a real mac!!!
i also migh b makin my own osx86 mac, if i [DELETED BY KERM]

****this is not about the hacking its about macs in general... please post comments, and only constructive criticism and be prepared for gettin it dished bak. NO FLAMING PLZ!! [BAH SEZ KERM]
the "leaked" OS X x86 version is NOT OFFICIAL, and will therefore be buggy, won't support previous OS X applications, and will more than likely not be compatible with the "real" OS X x86 applications.

It is for developers to start learning to program for the new OS, nothing more

Apple does not plan to sell OS X x86 by itself
No hacking. Bah.
i already kno lots about it and it has been hacked do that you dont need the mac approved hardware, and if u have an sse3 cpu (like a celeron d, i have 1) u can run all the power pc progs. but i might b able to get a g3 and i can get a copy of osx, and my teacher said she can justify me havin acopy cuz i need to b able to edit at home Wink
Still. Hacking=bad.
good luck is all I can say. osx86 wont support application sthat need the chip because they actually ask if the chip is there and if its not the program wont run....so youll end up with a crippled mac. just wait 6 months till the "official" x86 macs come out.
I agree.
patl411 wrote:
i already kno lots about it and it has been hacked do that you dont need the mac approved hardware, and if u have an sse3 cpu (like a celeron d, i have 1) u can run all the power pc progs. but i might b able to get a g3 and i can get a copy of osx, and my teacher said she can justify me havin acopy cuz i need to b able to edit at home Wink

The developers version of OS X doesn't have Ruby yet, so you won't get power PC progs to work - at least, it didn't upon release. If it has been added to a newer version of OS X, it will run slow as shit, ESPECIALLY on a "slow" processor like a celeron - emulating == sllloooooowww

While the developer version isn't locked, you can expect that officially released OS X x86 software WILL require the locked "real" version of OS X x86, so you'll be SOL

Here's what I suggest:
1) wait for the real x86 macs
or
2) just run *nix, since thats what OS X runs off of anyway Laughing
can *nix run ne of the mac editing software? no it cant. is that as cool of an accomplishment? no

well i got a hdd, i think im gonna start tryin to figure this out, wish me luck (im postin from ubuntu)
can OS X run the [extremely] more plentiful windows software? no it can't (w00tw00t for wine/cedega!)

how many OS X apps aren't available to either windows or linux? 0.000001%

How much does OS X x86 cost? Oh right, its not out yet! and its going to cost $1,000+ as you have to buy a a mac to get it!

How much does *nix cost? $0.00

WHAT mac editing software? you mean shittime? i-loony-tunes?
i mean video editing, like media 100
I go with premiere...

Quote:
can *nix run ne of the mac editing software? no it cant.

Yes it can, but you have to use slow emulators...

As for buying the new Mac OSX, well, it shouldn't be too terrible, since it will be running on x86 architecture...we always need someone to be the guinea pig Smile
Well, I for one think it's good that chip architecture is finally getting standardized, perhaps this will eliminate some of the following types of discussions:

"Mac pwnz j00! M$ t4h sucks!"
"No, Mac r teh n00b."
"Bah! Linux pwn3z j00r b0><0rz"
SCORE! the desktop CPU architechture gets standardized RIGHT BEFORE IT CHANGES! Rolling Eyes

(64-bit procs use a new architecture - intel is using EMT64 for their P4/Xeon's, AMD uses's AMD64)
Razz Excellent.
i would like to give an update on my project...[removed]
yeah, umm... thanks for posting that

just wait till some apple bot runs over that line, and *knock knock* - hey lookie! its apple's lawyers at your doorstep!
Very Happy ROFL...I think I shall deleted that.
if they make 1 that still has the media juction box thats on intel and isnt as expensive ill buy it for sure
...What's going on? Confused All I see are censored in this topic...what have you guys been talking about? Laughing

Anyone used the new apple "mighty mouse"? Very Happy Click the whole mouse...more like 'squeeze 'n' click' Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours