Ashbad, nuu, I had holy water poured on me, remember? That caused me to melt! Yay!
qazz42 wrote:
Ashbad, nuu, I had holy water poured on me, remember? That caused me to melt! Yay!

Of course, how could I forget? (Fun tunnel, fun tunnel, fun tunnel)
fine, I'll do fun tunnels next time. Unless, however, Kerm or someone else shows up and makes us serious Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
fine, I'll do fun tunnels next time. Unless, however, Kerm or someone else shows up and makes us serious Very Happy

Serious? Pssh. Nothing can stay serious with me there.
I'm just going to assume that picture is a little older than October 12. Very Happy
HCWP should be on Friday or Saturday nights.
At the time we launched it, Wednesday was the best for all major parties involved and it continues to be as far as I'm aware. It'll be pretty hard to have HCWP without Kerm, Brandon, Weregoose and significant others.
I can't make most wednesdays because I have a youth group during that time. which stinks, but I will join when I can.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I can't make most wednesdays because I have a youth group during that time. which stinks, but I will join when I can.

Same for me. I can only join for a few minutes, if any.
comicIDIOT wrote:
At the time we launched it, Wednesday was the best for all major parties involved and it continues to be as far as I'm aware. It'll be pretty hard to have HCWP without Kerm, Brandon, Weregoose and significant others.

unfortunetly, Kerm and others have not even been here on wednesdays either, as I am sure they have all been super-busy Sad
HCWP can continue without one of the major players each week, but if all or most were to not be able to make it regularly then I think we'd change the day, but don't hold me to it.

Whom do you mean by "others?"
qazz42 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

unfortunetly, Kerm and others have not even been here on wednesdays either, as I am sure they have all been super-busy Sad
Jonimus and BrandonW are fairly consistent about attending, I think, and I had an unfortunate combination of the SOSP 2011 conference in Portugal and a paper deadline the previous week that made me miss the last two. I'm still happy with Wednesday for HCWP, though, and plan to continue to attend for the foreseeable future.
Wait, what time to jonimus and BrandonW attend? Or is it they only attend when you attend/remind them to attend?
qazz42 wrote:
Wait, what time to jonimus and BrandonW attend? Or is it they only attend when you attend/remind them to attend?
BrandonW sometimes needs poking, Jonimus tends to show up close to the official 8pm start time. And I'm sure that once Merth gets a place and settles in, he'll be joining us once again as well.
Can't we have it on both Wednesday and Saturday nights?
I think we talked about this already. The short answer is: no, the longer answer is: if we do that, less people will want to show up at either. By having it once a week, it stays a special event, rather than being an every day occurrence. I can try to find my other post where I explained it, later.

Edit: It was Spud that asked that earlier. Check up in this topic, on the first page, about halfway down.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
BrandonW sometimes needs poking, Jonimus tends to show up close to the official 8pm start time. And I'm sure that once Merth gets a place and settles in, he'll be joining us once again as well.

yay, fun times are ahead. I shall start homework earlier on Wednesdays so I can join in too.
To expand on what Catherine is saying, it's hard enough getting enough people to attend a once-a-week session; if we had it twice a week, I feel like it would be so diluted that we'd have hardly any attendees at all.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours