» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to stab you, Spud, for your posts. This isn't your contest. You aren't giving the prizes. And you can't decide the rules.

I think a contest would be great fun. To back up what Souvik said, I own a Prizm also. If we were to do it, I would probably do the computer and Prizm categories. When Kerm was talking about the languages, he said C++ and others, I assume the "others" part includes C, correct? Would there be sections for utilities (ie, a periodic table program, or a program that syncs with a web server about X, or something else like that)? I think that, if those were included, we might want to spread out the contest a bit, because 2*(3+2+3) = 16 different contests would be a bit too much (I got that by having 2 categories, and 3, 2, 3 languages for each device).
Text adventure. Pure text adventure.
@seana11: I'd be all over a Java program. Here is what I am considering for my entry if I do: tinyurl.com/z80opia

I also recently made a fun spiral fractal generator, an N-dimensional parametric grapher, an (up to 4)-D maze generator, a gameBot, and a generator for geometrically-impossible maps to explore in 3D using seamless connections between locationless rooms (and I swear that I had that idea before Portal came out; only I don't use portals; things connect as if they were continuous) .... in Java Smile

...IF I have time to participate, maybe I could touch something up and submit it?
_player1537 wrote:
I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to stab you, Spud, for your posts. This isn't your contest. You aren't giving the prizes. And you can't decide the rules.
He's already aware Smile

That also seems, realistically, like too many categories.
spud2451 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Since when is it your contest? Very Happy

for one its no my contest it was just my idea and remember i said that i wanted to host my own then you guys suggested that we just have cemetech host it

from what I can tell, this was seana's idea....

anywho, this topic is getting rather confusing, can someone list the rules and languages set at this current time?
There are no rules yet. KermM and the other admins will make the decision. It iwill probably be after KermM gets back.
So, I'm hearing TI-BASIC, ASM, and Hybrid like usual?
Just wondering, will the computer programming section be split by language? I hope not, because that would mean that someone could enter hello world in some random language that no one has ever heard of and automatically win. Wait, on second thought, I hope they do split it by language :laughs evilly: Evil or Very Mad
IF they split the languages there will only be certain languages alllowed. Like C pyton. etc. well known things.
Shall I propose what I think would be a good category grouping?

Prizm Game (any language)
Prizm Utility (any language)
8x Game (any language)
8x Utility (any language)
Computer Game (any common language)
Computer Utility (any common language)

Since this site is a lot better than others when it comes to voting on things that have radically different design elements (i.e, BASIC versus Assembly), I think it would be okay to group languages together; any opposing thoughts?
Ashbad wrote:
Shall I propose what I think would be a good category grouping?

Prizm Game (any language)
Prizm Utility (any language)
8x Game (any language)
8x Utility (any language)
Computer Game (any common language)
Computer Utility (any common language)

Since this site is a lot better than others when it comes to voting on things that have radically different design elements (i.e, BASIC versus Assembly), I think it would be okay to group languages together; any opposing thoughts?

If the BASIC vs ASM issue will be weighted and judged accordingly - and if the BASIC game has a chance to beat the ASM game - then you'll hear no complaint from me.
Spud, I appreciate your generous offer, but it wouldn't be right to accept. Here's the current plan for Cemetech Contest #8:

- Three categories: TI-83+/84+ [ASM, BASIC, Hybrid, Axe, and Grammer allowed], Prizm [BASIC and C allowed], and Computer [Java, C/C++, C#, Python, and Q/SMALL BASIC allowed].
- Prizes TBD
- Timeframe TBD, probably 2 months, maybe December 1-January 31st?
- Judges will be taken from Cemetech staff who are not participating in the contest, with an application process for non-participating non-staff who are interested in judging.
sounds good, Kerm. As I see C# is allowed, I have no doubt that VB.NET should be too (assuming anyone would want to program in it Wink
)
qazz42 wrote:
sounds good, Kerm. As I see C# is allowed, I have no doubt that VB.NET should be too (assuming anyone would want to program in it Wink
)
I don't plan on accepting VB.NET, why would someone want to write code for it? Shock
did it already start?
If it didn't I might join grammer section Very Happy
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
did it already start?
If it didn't I might join grammer section Very Happy
No, it hasn't started; we haven't even decided on the focus yet. Very Happy
Kerm, are you grouping all things 83+/84+ in one? ._.
That's how the archives are, there isn't much difference between the two other than clock functions on the TI-84.
comicIDIOT wrote:
That's how the archives are, there isn't much difference between the two other than clock functions on the TI-84.

Haha. What I meant to say was if BASIC and ASM are judged in the same category. Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
I think his main complaint is putting the BASIC, ASM, Axe, Hybrid, and Grammar categories together. Raylin, if it will allay your concerns at all, we would be very careful to weight each entry according to its source language.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours