» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud2451 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Giving away a tablet? Prize money? I was personally fine with the idea of it being purely for prestige and the sort, and I think it's a better approach. If the Admins do go with your idea, however, it would have to be more organized than "I'll give away my tablet, you give away your Gameboy, and you over there give whatever you currently have in your wallet".

you know what I mean like I'd post the specks a couple of pics and stuff like that and see if people like it. But I think that the tablet is a good prize it's in good condition and is a great tablet plus I'll be getting a new one for Christmas so it won't be a loss on anyones part and who doesn't want a free android tablet.

No, I don't know what you mean. Rolling Eyes I think that giving away personal items, however, is very unprofessional for a contest to do; my opinion is that it's either actual cash in an electronic or check form, or even better none at all. No prize means less tension between contestants, and overall makes the whole thing more friendly Smile
I agree. While cash would be kind of nice, i would be just as happy with a userbar and a place number. Well and the extra respect it would bring.
Fine then no prize.
That is ultimately KermMartian's and the other Admin's decision.
spud2451 wrote:
Fine then no prize
Thanks, the admins will decide on prizes - both if they'll be materially rewarded and if so, what they'll be.
Yeah, you guys all need to remember that how this ends up going is up to the admins, not you. As far as prizes go, though, I'm sure souvik is pretty happy he got a calc out of the last one.
again i said that i would give away a new ti83+se so that the admins don't have to pay for it
spud2451 wrote:
Since it was my idea to start a contest i think that I should pick the prize. I think that it should a brand new TI 84 Plus SE and I will pay for the prize or I could give away my android tablet (has some cosmetic wear but works fine). Does that sound OK?

Sorry just had to point that out.
Since when is it your contest? Very Happy
spud2451 wrote:
again i said that i would give away a new ti83+se so that the admins don't have to pay for it
We hardly have to pay for it. We also have more disposable income than you. I'm not going to get into specifics.

While a new TI-84+SE is fine, you can pick up used, broken, ones for $5 on eBay. Kerm or someone here fixes it to working condition and we use that as a prize - if memory serves.
Sounds great to me. Broken or not. It is a good prize. Well there is a small chance I can win anyway so I suppose it wont make much of a difference to me.
Do we have a consensus on the final categories and languages?
Not yet.
It'll still have to be approved by the judges and officially posted.
Are the judges officially chosen then?
Ashbad wrote:
Since when is it your contest? Very Happy

for one its no my contest it was just my idea and remember i said that i wanted to host my own then you guys suggested that we just have cemetech host it
zeldaking wrote:
Are the judges officially chosen then?
More or less, yes.

KermMartian wrote:
To give a more serious answer about judges, traditionally myself and Riverye, and perhaps TIFreak8x and Jonimus, judge contest entries. I'd be open to some suggestions about possibly changing that, but no guarantees. I definitely don't think I'd be open to entrants from one category judging another.
spud2451, corrected wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Since when is it your contest? :D

Firstly, it's not my contest, it was just my idea, and remember that I said that I wanted to host my own. Then you guys suggested that we just have cemetech host it.

Sigh... It was not your Idea in the first place.
Smile okay just leave it spud, cemetech is going to host it and you aren't in charge.
Although Spud. I am sure you could still host your own if you really wanted.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours