» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
spud2451 wrote:
I have a prizm too so I might enter a ti program and a prizm program... is it against the rules to enter two programs or maby even three.
That's an excellent question, actually. I think that it would be fine to enter in more than one, or even all, of the categories, but I think it would be good to have a rule that you could only win in one.

Edit: I should comment that your post there was much better and more constructive, and you even tried to do some capitalization, but you still have a ways to go. For example, TI and Prizm both are capitalized, and question marks (?) go at the end of questions.
Quote:
Qazz, I'm not really planning on a separate contest, although a computer category in a calculator contest would definitely be possible or even probable.

ah, most excellent. If/when this contest come about, I shall be sure to enter in at least one category Smile

/me thinks of some cool C# program
Excellent! I'm sure that Merth will be happy about you creating C# entries for such a contest. Smile
Is there guna' be Javascript or maby the best web page made wins in the computer section? I ask this because I want to enter Interactive Button or a web page because it's something that I'm relatively good at on the computer. I also like MS SMALL BASIC, and have made some cool programs in it. Also I was wondering if BASIC Libs (Xlib, OmniCalc, Picark, Batlib, and others) are allowed?
The categories would likely be Prizm, TI, and Computer, where Prizm would be Prizm BASIC and C, TI would be ASM, BASIC, and Hybrid BASIC (that's BASIC with libraries like DCSBLibs, xLIB, C3, etc), and Computer would be Python, C#, C++, and the like. I don't think we'd be likely to have a webapps category.
When do you think this contest will take place?
adamac17 wrote:
When do you think this contest will take place?
That's another very good question. The deadline should be way after December 1st, I think, but not so far away from the contest start that people put off their entries until they don't have enough time.
I might enter this contest (keyword might, I don't know if i actually will or not).
adamac17 wrote:
I might enter this contest (keyword might, I don't know if i actually will or not).
I hope that you do! The more users entering, the merrier.
KermMartian wrote:
The categories would likely be Prizm, TI, and Computer, where Prizm would be Prizm BASIC and C, TI would be ASM, BASIC, and Hybrid BASIC (that's BASIC with libraries like DCSBLibs, xLIB, C3, etc), and Computer would be Python, C#, C++, and the like. I don't think we'd be likely to have a webapps category.

what about MS Small BASIC? Would we have a category on that?
It's easy to learn and it's easy to edit.
Why not use Python instead? It's easy to learn, it's also cross-platform, and has some object-oriented features. What would the prizes be for this contest?
Since it was my idea to start a contest i think that I should pick the prize. I think that it should a brand new TI 84 Plus SE and I will pay for the prize or I could give away my android tablet (has some cosmetic wear but works fine). Does that sound OK?
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent! I'm sure that Merth will be happy about you creating C# entries for such a contest. Smile

haha, very true. I as this is cemetech, I should be sure to use his GCN library and make something with that Very Happy
SOunds good to me. but we need more than just one prize. I would also Like the tablet.
I got a question: is it then also possible to enter Axe/grammar programs?
I could give away my android tablet (has some cosmetic wear but works fine)
also I think that it would be a new TI 83 plus se (I only make $20 a week and sometimes none. so by the time the contest is over I might not be able to pay for a new ti84+se)
Giving away a tablet? Prize money? I was personally fine with the idea of it being purely for prestige and the sort, and I think it's a better approach. If the Admins do go with your idea, however, it would have to be more organized than "I'll give away my tablet, you give away your Gameboy, and you over there give whatever you currently have in your wallet".
seana11 wrote:
There has been talk on IRC of a new contest. The programming language will be Axe. There will be a games category (duh) and maybe a utils/educational category. Comments?

Hm, could one use unannounced projects as entries?
I believe so. As long as it was never released before.
Ashbad wrote:
Giving away a tablet? Prize money? I was personally fine with the idea of it being purely for prestige and the sort, and I think it's a better approach. If the Admins do go with your idea, however, it would have to be more organized than "I'll give away my tablet, you give away your Gameboy, and you over there give whatever you currently have in your wallet".

you know what I mean like I'd post the specks a couple of pics and stuff like that and see if people like it. But I think that the tablet is a good prize it's in good condition and is a great tablet plus I'll be getting a new one for Christmas so it won't be a loss on anyones part and who doesn't want a free android tablet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours