» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
i bot one on ebay
@Ashbad: The thing with the Prizms is that it would be a winner out of [a few?]. That's not very broad of a contest. On the other hand, out of [very large number] is saying something special (kind of the point of the contest, yes?) ... But I also understand that that should not undermine whether or not a Prizm program is worthy of winning a contest ... which is why I say it should be a valid option to use, but not it's own contest.
seana11 wrote:
spud2451 corrected wrote:
OK, that sounds good too.

It helps if you don't sound like some delinquent 10-year-old who popped in from facebook to comment in this forum. I know this seems harsh, but it's the truth: people take other people more seriously if they have good spelling and grammar.
To continue, we also enjoy intellectual contributions. Sure you might agree, but to anything over another? We've gone through so many ideas that you can't say they all sound good.
Man, this is one active thread. A full page went by as I was typing that last post Shock
Ashbad wrote:
4 members? I'm sure it's at least double that. I mean, whatever you say boss, but it'd be disappointing (but at least then I could sill participate in the computer contest, I guess)
Not everyone's going to participate, so in any case the turnout for a Prizm contest would be much lower than any contest with the 83P/84P series.
Haha, yeah. I gave up trying to edit my post to accommodate new posts that were posted while I was posting mine.

Just note none of this is official until the rules are posted. Don't start your programs now, as conditions and languages may change.
@spud2451: I agree with them.

... Wink ...

Anyway, these posts are for contributing ideas and supporting points with solid reasons, for answering questions, etc. (rather than just for wanting to have something to say like "me too"). That aside though, welcome to cemetech, and congrats on getting a Prizm!
spud2451 wrote:
i'll judge
No, you won't. And please, for the love of god, stop making two-word, unconstructive posts. This isn't Omnimaga; the goal isn't to post as many posts as possible. Here at Cemetech we aim for fewer but high-quality posts, well-thought-out and containing an actual contribution to the thread at hand. No offense intended to you; you're far from the first to do that, but you're the current biggest abuser.

To give a more serious answer about judges, traditionally myself and Riverye, and perhaps TIFreak8x and Jonimus, judge contest entries. I'd be open to some suggestions about possibly changing that, but no guarantees. I definitely don't think I'd be open to entrants from one category judging another.

We absolutely should have a Prizm section of the contest, or even a Prizm contest. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Smile How many people would actively enter a Prizm contest?
KermMartian wrote:
How many people would actively enter a Prizm contest?

Well, for starts, I would, and you'd better Very Happy
Ashbad wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
How many people would actively enter a Prizm contest?

Well, for starts, I would, and you'd better Very Happy
Well, if I'm judging, I can't, and based on the number of other time commitments I have with work, school, and book, I don't think that me entering would be such a good idea. However, I like the idea of having a Prizm category, a TI category, and a computer category for [something], although the main problem with that is we'd need a lot of people to actually finish entries to make it competitive enough, which is easier said than done. I like the energy that this topic is seeing, though; it makes me hopefully we could actually succeed with a contest if we get it going soon. I also hear the concern about "too much DCS stuff", so I'd be open to any other ideas, especially since Contest #7 was a DCS contest too.
Not if he judges :/ Remember that only people who actually have Prizms could judge (right? or is there an emulator somewhere?).
seana11 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Could there be axe and extended basic. OR axe and assembly. Their aren't that many AXE users here. At least not that many that I know of.
Maybe that's the point... Having an Axe contest might increase people's interest in Axe.

comicIDIOT wrote:
php, javascript and html, python, tibasic, c++, c, java, z80, ASM
Don't forget your commas, and I grouped PHP, JS & HTML together since that more or less go together.
HTML isn't a language.

qazz42 wrote:

155) when someone brags about their "programming expertise" as basic HTML, you just start laughing uncontrollably.

no, that is not the point of what I said. It is fine if you do HTML +Javascript and claim you are good with that. However, if all you can do is just have a title and body and then open it on internet explorer, and then go "PROGRAMMING? HELL YEAH! I CAN HTML!!!!!"

that is when to laugh uncontrollably.

anywho, I think I would agree with what Aes said, about languages being limited. I think we should allow VS.NET, C#, C++, and (for seana) java. of course, this all depends on what the contest will exactly be, but I have a feeling a non-calculator contest is among us.

EDIT: ooohhh, A prizm section? That sounds most interesting, although it hope Prizm programming will not be the only thing you can do for the contest Wink
Deep Thought wrote:
Not if he judges :/ Remember that only people who actually have Prizms could judge (right? or is there an emulator somewhere?).

There is an "emulator" by Casio, but frankly it sucks for testing non-BASIC applications for the most part (about 10% of prizmcity actually shows up on the screen on the "emulator".)
Deep, there is an emulator from Casio, although it's imperfect. Qazz, I'm not really planning on a separate contest, although a computer category in a calculator contest would definitely be possible or even probable.
KermMartian wrote:
We absolutely should have a Prizm section of the contest, or even a Prizm contest. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Smile How many people would actively enter a Prizm contest?
I'd make an effort! But I'm between entering and applying to be a judge.
comicIDIOT, I think it would be awesome if you entered, perhaps push yourself to get back into calculator programming again. It's been far too long for you.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
4 members? I'm sure it's at least double that.
It might be, but I don't have a list at hand with people who have a Prizm. All I know is that Sarah, Myself, KermM & Merth all have Prizms. I think another user was going to pick one up as well but I don't recall if they one the ebay bid or not.

I have one, so that makes at least seven.
Ooch. That's an embarrassing mistake in my post. s/one/won.

Very nice Oweng! I'll remember that for future reference Smile
Oweng4000 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
4 members? I'm sure it's at least double that.
It might be, but I don't have a list at hand with people who have a Prizm. All I know is that Sarah, Myself, KermM & Merth all have Prizms. I think another user was going to pick one up as well but I don't recall if they one the ebay bid or not.

I have one, so that makes at least seven.

Catherine, Jonimus, JosJuice, z80man, and Qwerty.55 also have Prizms, if I recall correctly.
And TIFreak8x too! You can't forget him. Smile I think the three categories mentioned are good as far as platforms, but we still need to get more consensus on what the program genre theme should be.
I have a prizm too so I might enter a ti program and a prizm program... is it against the rules to enter two programs or maby even three.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours