» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
@comic I know... that was just something I wanted to point out, not to incite wrath.

@spud No, probably not.
Okay we are getting quite off topic Smile. I feel that it should be a language for the ti-84 family, such as Asm, Axe, Grammer, and Basic, libs alowed.
Ah, it seemed as if you were correcting a misunderstanding on my and spuds' behalf. Smile
I agree.
ok so i think that we should have these catigorys

TI-BASIC and libs

TI-ASM

and AXE PARSER
Sounds great to me.
Just note none of this is official until the rules are posted. Don't start your programs now, as conditions and languages may change.
ok that iot is
I will just think of new programs.
spud2451, corrected wrote:
OK, so I think that we should have these categories: TI-BASIC and libs, Asm, and Axe.

Those are the only 3 languages for the TI. (Excluding C, which is kinda asm anyway, and mertheese, which is esoteric)

@Aes Agree with whom?
Axe-only: Although people who are skilled in Axe and understand what's going on underneath can make nice programs, too many newbies use it as a crutch and write giant, poorly-constructed programs, in my opinion. I definitely don't support an Axe-only contest.

I agree that we should have a topic. One thing that was thrown around was to make a cool GUI for Doors CS in any language, be it a complete frontend shell, or something else with GUIs. If that's too limiting, I would be interested in a superset of that or something else completely. I think having a computer language subcategory would be nice too, we'd just need enough people for there to be a critical mass in the subcategory. Judging would not be a problem as far as scaling the complexity of computer entries relative to the difficulty of coding in the language used.
If there is indeed going to be a Cemetech Contest #8 (which I'm hoping there is, but it also may not even happen), I wouldn't want the contest to be Axe-only. Not everyone knows Axe, and Cemetech doesn't have many members who program in Axe. I think it should be like the way it was last year, where there were separate hybrid TI Basic and ASM competitions. Also, let's try to make high quality posts and use proper grammar and spelling. Wink
A GUI contest sounds fun. Would it be sometime next summer?
I half-jokingly suggested that we should have a 68k contest on IRC. But only half-jokingly, because I have thought for a while that having a 68k contest would be a good idea for the dead 68k community. Not that it would bring it back, but it would at least breathe a bit of life into it...

Unfortunately, I don't know if we'd have enough people who have 68k calcs and would be interested in entering, or don't have 68ks but would be interested in getting one in order to enter, to make something like that work.

So, I recognize that probably wouldn't happen. So I was about to write a paragraph eloquently arguing that some kind of central theme or topic was needed, if it was going to just be a z80 contest, but Kerm has already mentioned this. (I need to write posts faster...)
A Gui contest would be fun. Although I might have to actually learn ASM for it to work, but I can do that.
i'll judge
KermMartian wrote:
Axe-only: Although people who are skilled in Axe and understand what's going on underneath can make nice programs, too many newbies use it as a crutch and write giant, poorly-constructed programs, in my opinion. I definitely don't support an Axe-only contest.

Well, the Kerm has spoken...

On that thought, if we make it for all languages and such, I'd like to see a general theme for this. The DCS shell thing seems to be a great Idea.
Depending on the final theme I might also judge. If I don't judge then I will be entering.

Edit: No offense KermM but It seems like their is alot of DCS related things. I would personally Like to see something different. but of course you are in charge.
i want to partisipate but i dont know asm so i think that we should have ti basic too
KermMartian wrote:

I agree that we should have a topic. One thing that was thrown around was to make a cool GUI for Doors CS in any language, be it a complete frontend shell, or something else with GUIs. If that's too limiting, I would be interested in a superset of that or something else completely. I think having a computer language subcategory would be nice too, we'd just need enough people for there to be a critical mass in the subcategory. Judging would not be a problem as far as scaling the complexity of computer entries relative to the difficulty of coding in the language used.

I like the idea of a GUI contest. Smile For computer languages, I think there should be restrictions on the languages you could use, so people don't just make something really quickly with GameMaker or a similar piece of software and enter it for the contest. Also, I volunteer to be a judge for this contest.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours