» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edit by Administrator: [The original contents of the post have been removed to make way for official updates on the contest, derived from the discussion in this topic]

The current plans for Cemetech Contest #8:
- Three categories: TI calculator (BASIC, ASM, Axe, Grammer, Hybrid BASIC); Casio Prizm (BASIC and C); computer (Python, Java, ...)
- A contest length of roughly two months
- Judging performed by Kerm, Rivereye, and possibly other (non-entrant) Cemetech members, to be chosen by application
- A theme (a specific game genre seems to be the most popular choice; what genre has yet to be determined) for each entry
oops i just posted another topic on this
allthough here it is

i want a new contest to start soon and i'm tired of waiting
i was thinking maby an all language and i mean ALL language contest
php javascript html python tibasic c++ c java tiasm
spud2451, edited for grammar wrote:
I want a new contest to start soon, and I'm tired of waiting. I was thinking maybe an all language, and I mean ALL language contest. PHP, Javascript, python, TI-Basic, Basic, c++, c, Java, and assembly would all be included

Doomed from the start.
Yeah, I think having all languages contest would be really hard.

But anyways. I like the idea of an Axe games contest.
fine i still think that there should be computer languages too
Axe Only? That seems awfully limiting.

Regarding the all languages contest. It won't likely happen. The differences between C++ and TI-Basic or so vast, it'd be impossible to have a winner.

Quote:
php, javascript and html, python, tibasic, c++, c, java, z80, ASM
Don't forget your commas, and I grouped PHP, JS & HTML together since that more or less go together.
Could there be axe and extended basic. OR axe and assembly. Their aren't that many AXE users here. At least not that many that I know of.
good point comic
Hm, maybe you're right. I guess Axe is a bigger thing on Omni, where I usually am. Practically everyone programs Axe there Smile
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Could there be axe and extended basic. OR axe and assembly. Their aren't that many AXE users here. At least not that many that I know of.
Maybe that's the point... Having an Axe contest might increase people's interest in Axe.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Don't forget your commas, and I grouped PHP, JS & HTML together since that more or less go together.
HTML isn't a language.

qazz42 wrote:

155) when someone brags about their "programming expertise" as basic HTML, you just start laughing uncontrollably.
I think good categories would be...
Ti Basic Pure only. No libs.
Extended Basic. All Libs allowed.
Asm. No Axe.
Then Axe category.
Mix. A program that uses 2 or more categories from above. Small things like changing archive state does not count as a mix program.

Just a thought.
whatever
Yeah. Games is a good category though, IMHO.
spud2451, corrected wrote:
Whatever.

Apathy is not an option.
I agree with Aes.
@seana11 Dude, chill. It's okay. Let's talk about the contest, not about personal pet peeves with other members. We're all programmers here.
whats apathy
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I think good categories would be...
Ti Basic Pure only. No libs.
Extended Basic. All Libs allowed.
Asm. No Axe.
Then Axe category.
Mix. A program that uses 2 or more categories from above. Small things like changing archive state does not count as a mix program.

Just a thought.

In the past, cemetech contests have been focused on one particular subject area, and had one or two categories it one language(i.e. the DCS contest). I think that we should stick with the running theme for this contest.

spud, corrected wrote:
What's apathy?

Webster's wrote:
Noun 1. Apathy - an absence of emotion or enthusiasm
seana11 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
HTML isn't a language.

qazz42 wrote:

155) when someone brags about their "programming expertise" as basic HTML, you just start laughing uncontrollably.
I was constructively helping out a users post, giving pointers that'd make it easier to read, not going along with the suggestion.
so there's not going to be any computer languages included? right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours