I have so far mot seen this, this started happening after the fix right?

I have an idea, but I don't think I'm changing the colour of a:active on that link in particular.
Yeah, this happened after the fix. I have a screenshot too, I'll upload it when I can. Also, the Private Messages link is underlined in the Private Messages page.
souvik1997 wrote:
Yeah, this happened after the fix. I have a screenshot too, I'll upload it when I can. Also, the Private Messages link is underlined in the Private Messages page.
I managed to encounter the red "New Posts" link today. Hm.
Also, related, I sometimes get slightly different colored links when I press f (follow). Some of them look slightly red, while some are still the original colors. I don't think I've seen the red Go to the New Posts link, however.
F for Follow? Oh, are you tabbing to links? If so, why doesn't Return/Enter work?

One way or another this my be related to the Go to New Posts link glitch since it sounds like they are the same color.
The Login button is also red on my iPod. Also, I can help look for other color differences, if it would help.
*neversawthepost*

Sure! I'll have some time come November to debug the CSS & HTML, possibly rewrite it. However, with the imminent sale of my laptop, I'll have to find an alternate means; Phone HTML & CSS coding? Eek.
Are there any requests for determining "Locked, Hot, Sticky & Annoucment" from C6M?

I think I still need to add a way to easily spot un/read topics.
Links in quote boxes are broken.
http://db.tt/3ggEG3z
Yes, and no.

The link part I was able to diagnose as iOS recognising that bit as a phone number, which I can't stop from happening.

The text being a different size, is something I can, and will hopefully fix when I recode C6M. I say hopefully because it appears large on my phone but appears smaller, if not normal sized, on my browser under C6M.

The recoding of C6M will happen in November 9th through the 13th. Sorry, but that's when I'll have time. I'll also go through this topic and pull out the bugs, and fixes, I've been neglecting to add to the first post, before the 9th arrives.
Suggestions from a frequent user:
1. Addition of "Go to new posts" link to the end of the page
2. Move to http://m.cemetech.net (and m.cemete.ch, of course)

Posting this from C6M right now, though, so obviously something is being done right.
I really love the New Posts idea at the bottom, that's something I can do before 11/9. I haven't given it any thought because with a tap on my phones menu bar I automatically scroll to the top of the page, so that's what I've been doing. I realize I can skip that by adding the new posts to the footer as well; it looks like I'll have to rethink the wording and layout of the footer. I'll make some text mocks and post them for vote.

As for m.cemetech, that's been a popular request. And I keep bugging KermM about that since it's beyond my control; I only have FTP access.

SirCmpwn wrote:
Posting this from C6M right now, though, so obviously something is being done right.
Thanks Very Happy
Woohoo Smile
I figured that KermM's hand was needed.
I've created a Google Document form. Please submit future bug reports here. I'll add the link to the first post as well. It'll make it easier for myself to keep track of things that need to get done and their popularity.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dGRKR0tlY21kdklLRGVncjlWd1o3Z1E6MQ#gid=0

I'll be going through and adding the posts in this topic to this form. Hopefully by the time my Vacation begins in November, I'll have a complete list to tackle. Since, it's my planned period to work on C6M (a lot of time to do nothing else but low-level stuff on a computer or tablet.)
I wish we had an optimized way to do the m.cemetech.net thing. Sad Did we already find a way, and I'm just mental-blocking on it?
I don't believe we did.

Unrelated, I assume we could set a database value in the profile that enables or disables Mobile Browsing when applicable. It'd be as easy as unchecking it when mobile to disable C6M permanently for that user until it's rechecked.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't believe we did.

Unrelated, I assume we could set a database value in the profile that enables or disables Mobile Browsing when applicable. It'd be as easy as unchecking it when mobile to disable C6M permanently for that user until it's rechecked.
To make sure we're on the same page, so that I can run this at low priority in one of my background threads and perhaps come up with a solution, we want to eliminate browser agent-based (and profile-based) toggling of Cemetech6mobile, correct? Instead, we want www.cemetech.net to always show whatever theme the user has chosen (or Cemetech6 for guests and bots) and m.cemetech.net to always show the Cemetech6mobile theme regardless of the users' chosen theme?
That is indeed what many users have been outspoken about.

I'm not 100% for that, though. All the links in SAX go to the desktop version. If I'm on Pop-Out sax from my phone and click a link, I don't want it to load the desktop version. I'd like it to load the mobile site. Also, links within the site would need to change dynamically to support m.cemetech. Even those hardcoded (i.e., posts). I believe user agent filtering plus user profile toggles is an ideal solution.

If a user doesn't want C6M they can disable it from their profile whether they're on C6M already or disable from C6. I think that'd be much easier on the parties involved in making it happen.
I've been able to figure out that the "Go to new Posts" text is red when there are new posts, and white when there are not. Not quite sure how that happens, as I never coded it to do that. So, I'm looking into a fix.

Well, it wasn't hard to track down. The style (for no new posts only) is hard coded into the HTML, not sure why I did that. But, a fix should be up soon.

Preliminary posts show that the "New Posts" may be fixed, color wise. I've only done two posts with two accounts, comicIDIOT & StyleTestAccount, and the color never changed. I'll see if this remains true as more posts happen naturally.
Not sure if it is intentional or not but on the edit your profile page the upload your own avatar button has a white box around it. And another thing I noticed with avatars, choosing select from gallery causes cemetechs rounded corners to be displayed in the upper right corner on top of the site logo.

Page 10 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours