So yeah, every time I try to go the website, without the words Action=printpage; in the link My parental controls software blocks it. So is the site so dirty that it deserves the block, or is my parental controls software overreacting?
I believe your parental controls are over reacting. It is probably Uncategorized. Which parental controls usually dont like
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I believe your parental controls are over reacting. It is probably Uncategorized. Which parental controls usually dont like

I guess that's possible but when you factor in the action=printpage; fixing it, it's not very likely.
Oweng4000 wrote:
So yeah, every time I try to go the website, without the words Action=printpage; in the link My parental controls software blocks it. So is the site so dirty that it deserves the block, or is my parental controls software overreacting?

It is very very dirty.

But more seriously, my view aside, what *software* is blocking you? Is it the default window settings and therefore no software, or something like Mobicip or Norton Family or the like? I'm assuming that your parents explicitly added Omnimaga to a list of blocked sites, because it's not really explicit.

EDIT: actually, nevermind; I now remember that they have the rules so that content isn't so family-friendly like it is here. I mean, it's not 4chan, but it's not considered harmless by most parental standards.
I don't want to start any drama, but Omnimaga does have some NSFW stuff (which Cemetech doesn't have) that may be causing your parental controls software to block it.
Ashbad wrote:
Oweng4000 wrote:

It is very very dirty.

But more seriously, my view aside, what *software* is blocking you? Is it the default window settings and therefore no software, or something like Mobicip or Norton Family or the like? I'm assuming that your parents explicitly added Omnimaga to a list of blocked sites, because it's not really explicit.

I'm being big-brothered by apple parental controls. My mom doesn't know the site exists.
Oh. Ya apples are terrible about that. Easiest way. Go Here. Password is *

Usually it gets around parental controls. If not.

comic: Removed the proxy link and password.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh. Ya apples are terrible about that. Easiest way. Go Here. Password is *

Usually it gets around parental controls. If not.

Thanks so much!

comic: Removed the proxy link and password.
Ya sure. Does it work?

Oh and thank Geekboy too if you see him on here.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Ya sure. Does it work?

Works Great. Already got fooled by Ashbad's snes emulator prank(a Sausage).
Oweng4000 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Ya sure. Does it work?

Works Great. Already got fooled by Ashbad's snes emulator prank(a Sausage).

*Sausage Emsemble
Glad it worked for you.

If your parents ask. You did not get it from cemetech.net OK??
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh. Ya apples are terrible about that.
Based on? Apple uses the RTA and SafeSurf Rating Systems. I suggest you instead politely ask your parentals to add omnimaga.org to the whitelist. Getting caught using a proxy to evade the filter can result in a far harsher reaction than them saying "No."

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2900
I know they are bad about randomly blocking things because I use one. Everyday. The always block random things. Like google.com. Thats how I know.
I mean, really. Why would you go to omnimaga ever? Cemetech, while being a pit of humanity, is far superior.
I agree.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I mean, really. Why would you go to omnimaga ever? Cemetech, while being a pit of humanity, is far superior.

It just popped up a lot in Google results for "Casio prizm games."
Oh. that makes sense.
Apple doesn't rely on anything else to block websites than those two rating systems, and forcing "safe searches" on some engines. Apple's Parental Control software doesn't make decisions autonomously, it logs visited websites - and the blocked ones - for review under the admin account(s). From there, your parents can decide if they wish to explicitly block websites.

All of this can be found and deduced at the source link in my post above, under the ""Try to limit access to adult websites automatically" (automatic)" section.
ok. I suppose I will take your word for it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours