KermMartian wrote:
What do you have against antialiased text, shaun? Sad Are you trying to stick with a low-color-width image? I like the middle of the three the best so far.

My thoughts exactly. The middle is the best, but anti-aliased text would add on to it.
Looking at it again, it's such a simple image that I'd almost like to save the 165KB of space it would take up and have it be generated on-the-fly. Or perhaps at least be compressed in some way.

How about this, then?
Beautiful. Smile Now we're talking!
Best one yet. My one worry is that it will greatly increase the size of the file, but hopefully that can be avoided.
TheStorm wrote:
Best one yet. My one worry is that it will greatly increase the size of the file, but hopefully that can be avoided.
Why would that be? I think Merth still hasn't clarified if he's storing it as a straight bitmap or attempting some sort of compression. Smile If the latter, I agree, but it's worth it; if the former, then we don't need to worry.
Hey look, it's on the calc!:

Now, what's the syscall for full color?

EDIT:
Bdisp_EnableColor(1); (thanks Kerm!)

Also, a big shout out to benryves (once again) for helping with the image generation.

On the calc it looks pretty nice, though the colors are a little pale. I'll lighten them up a bit sometime.
That looks great, Merth! Very Happy
That looks amazing, as expected. Keep up the awesome work!
Looks great, as always, though, what is with that random space between the 2nd and 3rd columns?
_player1537 wrote:
Looks great, as always, though, what is with that random space between the 2nd and 3rd columns?

That's for the rare earth series of elements, the Lanthanides and Actinides, which get moved to below the table for readablity.
Ah, perhaps you could move the bottom row towards the right and have an arrow pointing up into that space, so that it assures that they go there?
This looks really awesome. Great job, Merth! It's wonderful that the Prism will have a Periodic Table.
_player1537 wrote:
Ah, perhaps you could move the bottom row towards the right and have an arrow pointing up into that space, so that it assures that they go there?
I guess I just kind of assumed everyone knew that.
merthsoft wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
I guess I just kind of assumed everyone knew that.
I think that's probably a fair assumption to make. Smile
What do you guys think?
The colors in the image look a little off but that might just be the gif, other than that it looks great. Though if you could fit the Symbol and number in the popup window I think that would be a nice, I'm sure there are people who would glance away and forget what element they are looking at.
TheStorm wrote:
The colors in the image look a little off but that might just be the gif, other than that it looks great. Though if you could fit the Symbol and number in the popup window I think that would be a nice, I'm sure there are people who would glance away and forget what element they are looking at.
Yeah, the colors are just because of the gif, it looks fine on the calc. As for the number and symbol, I thought about that. I think I'll just add the symbol to the status area.

Edit:
Yeah, I think this looks fine:
Yeah that looks great, Woo go Merth!
Ok, I also need some opinions. Should the Lanthanides and Actinides be treated like their own little table when navigating? Like, right now, if you're on 68, and press up, it goes to 100. Should it instead go to 113? I'm not sure which is the more intuitive way to handle that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours