Last week marked the 52nd episode of Have Calc, Will Program, the calculator community's weekly opportunity to teleconference, chat about programming and life, and share its latest projects and frustrations. Raylin and I founded Have Calc, Will Program (HCWP) as a well-organized evening of discussion, in which a moderator would guide a discussion of items of interest, such as a specific programming or a hardware tip, then open up the floor to serialized project updates and general discussion. It evolved over its first few weeks into a more informal format, with a less strict beginning time, looser organization, and an ending time that often stretches far into the morning as the more dedicated members among us keep working on difficult problems or just continue hanging out and chatting. The session continues to focus on calculators, and is generally driven by Cemetech's long-time gurus, but often covers various related aspects of technology and life as well. You can join us at 8pm EST every Wednesday night on TinyChat. Here's to many more years of HCWP!

Yay!!

And late mornings are right...Ive been on till like 3/4Am gmt-5 before lol
geekboy1011 wrote:
Yay!!

And late mornings are right...Ive been on till like 3/4Am gmt-5 before 0x5
I think my latest night was about 4am on HCWP, but we know that people like BrandonW never actually sleep. As you just said:

Quote:
[12:16:31] <Timothy> xi know brandon and iambian made it to like noon the next day once on hcwp...
Now that I think about it I made it to like 9Am on this night. Ended up having to get some sleep for later that day. family had plans xD

KermMartian wrote:

Quote:
[12:16:31] <Timothy> xi know brandon and iambian made it to like noon the next day once on hcwp...
aww, HCWP is today... I don't know if I can make it.. hmm... oh well, good to see such a gathering has been going for a year now, and I am ever so glad I could be a part of it Very Happy
Wow, I never noticed that we've been doing this for a year now, congrats us Smile
qazz42 wrote:
aww, HCWP is today... I don't know if I can make it.. hmm... oh well, good to see such a gathering has been going for a year now, and I am ever so glad I could be a part of it Very Happy
And it's been good to have you (and you all) with us for it!
If Nikky isn't there, it's a suck convention.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Then show up more frequently and fix that! I enjoyed when you were there with us the two weeks you visited; you should deign to visit us again.
Wow, time flies. Doesn't seem like a year has passed when y'all started HCWP. Just wish I could see them.
*Lucas has joined the chatroom*

Lucas: G'day 'Tech, Let's throw 'nother shrimp on da barbie.
Adam, perhaps one day you'll get to join us. Lucas, I doubt you're that stereotypically Aussie.
Hey Kerm I was thinking that I cant make it to the chat on Wednesdays so maby on Fridays I could host an other one at about 3'ish in also was think that we could have themes sometimes, not like costumes, but something like a show your projects off or a small community project. Also I was thinking that we could all work on a huge project together, but in teams and have a team contest judged by who else but me and you.

These are just some thoughts so please tell me what you think about them and if any of them sound good to you.
I'm against having more than one show a week because people will start getting bored of it. And we tend to just make things up as we go, so I don't see why we should start doing themes or contests. I like HCWP to be more of a social event than a competition. Nothing is stopping you, however, from getting on on Fridays, but you probably won't have many people join you (For instance, I'll be at the school/football games all day on Fridays).
good point.
allynfolksjr wrote:

yes, please join us, I am sure we all love your loud static from your mic. we had no idea what to do without it
I really enjoy HCWP when I'm able to idle or on the off chance that I can actually take part in it. Thank you guys for putting it on; it's a great show/event.
Ztrumpet, thanks, and thank you for helping us make it a success. Smile Spud, Cemetech itself generally holds things like competitions; as Catherine says, the HCWP sessions themselves have turned into more of a socializing-about-calculators and general socializing venue. We love when people hop on and tell us about their projects, though!
Hmm...being a minor and all, I'm not able to video chat with others...it's a family rule. Whatever. In about two and a half years I'll join you guys Razz
Well, as some of you noticed, I went to the last one clad in Webcam, Mic, and spiffy Sunglasses. Topics included Gingers being shunned, Midnight, Qazz making fun tunnels, and Catherine perpetually frowning at the screen. A blast.

The sad thing is that the only browser it works in for me is IE 7. But, one must make horrible sacrifices in life to achieve Nirvana; an eight-fold path though a horrible browser is necessary at times.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours