zeldaking wrote:
Yeah, I am doing a bunch of call,z label. how does that effect it?
The problem is that the routines you're calling modify both the accumulator (a) and the flags (f). When you call, return, then check the z flag, it's no longer as it was originally, and a is no longer as it was.
Yeah, I figured that out with some tweaking. Right now the blackhole comes after the spaceship (which you move around), I don't know where I will go with this but... Screenshot of my first Asm program!!!

any suggestions?
Congratulations, that looks great! Are you artificially slowing it down in some way? Because it looks a tad slower than it should with just repeated sprite drawing and iFastCopy's. If you're not slowing it down on purpose, you should pastebin your source so we can offer some optimizations.
It might be the screen image that is slow, it isn't hat slow on the clac, but you are right it is a little slower than an axe routine, so maybe I will use pastrebin.
zeldaking wrote:
It might be the screen image that is slow, it isn't hat slow on the clac, but you are right it is a little slower than an axe routine, so maybe I will use pastrebin.
Sounds good. It might be a good idea regardless so we can critique your coding style and make any suggestions that will make your ASM coding life a bit easier.
Sorry I have been busy so no code yet.
zeldaking wrote:
Sorry I have been busy so no code yet.
Not a problem; whenever you get to it. I'm mostly anxious because it's important to keep training new ASM programmers into the community to replace those whose time suddenly gets monopolized by life and work.
I don't know what I did with the code because it crashes every time now. Sad Will get the code to PB.
zeldaking wrote:
I don't know what I did with the code because it crashes every time now. Sad Will get the code to PB.
Can you take any steps to track it down? Where and when does it crash? Have you yet had experience with using emulators to help track bugs down?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours