Kllrnohj wrote:
Sad day in tech. He was a hell of a showman.

DShiznit wrote:
We don't, but if anyone could develop it, it would be Steve Jobs...

Based off of what? Apple always uses existing technology, they don't do much R&D themselves except in how to make prettier cases.
That is true. Perhaps I'm giving him way too much credit. He could still have opt'd for cryogenics though.

Edit- the people on my forum are a$$holes:
Lucas W wrote:
They should totally cut his head off and put him in a head-tank and put him with the others.
++ For the Futurama reference.

From what I've understood he had a lot of say in the final design and tweaks of products. Hopefully there's someone there - Tim? - who will take after that.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
They should totally cut his head off and put him in a head-tank and put him with the others.

From what I've understood he had a lot of say in the final design and tweaks of products. Hopefully there's someone there - Tim? - who will take after that.

Wasn't that that kind of interference that ended up permanently costing apple nearly the entire PC market?
DShiznit wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Lucas W wrote:

Wasn't that that kind of interference that ended up permanently costing apple nearly the entire PC market?

If you're refering to Job's interference with his company's products, he *has* screwed up a few times, but for the most part his influence on the products (for example, he came up with the ideas for the iPod) was very positive. If not, and you're referring to non-Jobs interference, then yes, that kind usually fails.
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Lucas W wrote:

If you're refering to Job's interference with his company's products, he *has* screwed up a few times, but for the most part his influence on the products (for example, he came up with the ideas for the iPod) was very positive. If not, and you're referring to non-Jobs interference, then yes, that kind usually fails.

The PC market was the largest market his company ever had a shot at being a part of, and he blew it completely. The cell phone market they're dominating now doesn't even come close to the size and scope of the PC market they lost. That's a fairly negative impact on the company overall if you ask me.
They did indeed lose a large market share in the computer business; however, computers are becoming more common (and the marketplace is going to boom any time soon), whereas the cell phone/tablet market still has huge room to grow. As long as they don't screw their position out with a bunch of bad decisions (starting with the iPhone "4S" instead of "5", which was a confidence-shaker to many stock holders), they're going to have substantial core in the future of this industry. At least, that's my guess.
... facepalm

http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2700886/Westboro+Vs+Steve+Jobs+fail/
new -w-e-b-s-i-t-e- blog post up:

http://allaboutstevejobs.com/
Ashbad wrote:

s/website/blog post/
SirCmpwn wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

s/website/blog post/

Indeed, just realized that, my bad. New blog post on a site that's been up for a while.
qazz42 wrote:

Oh that is delicious. I can't wait to see how that turns out...
At Microsoft HQ today, they flew their flags at half staff.
SirCmpwn wrote:
At Microsoft HQ today, they flew their flags at half staff.
I'm not surprised, Steve & Bill were life long friends. I don't know where one of them says it, but in this interview (in either part one or two) Jobs says they've been secretly married; they know each other well enough to make personal jokes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours