That's an awesome find! Wow, I'm going to be using that a lot. But no, I've only had it plugged in when I need to do a transfer.
My batteries lasted a long time too. I'd say it was probably about 5 months before I had to replace them but during that time I spent a lot of time disassembling and also math which drained them faster. The indicator is also true to the capacity. 2 bars usually means that the batteries are half full and still have several months left.
z80man, that's excellent and good to know; many props to Casio for that!

I'll try to see what I can do about this bug (?) I just found, but Jonimus, I would appreciate some feedback:

Code:
C:\CASIO\PrizmSDK\projects\oblitr8>..\..\bin\make.exe
../..//bin/sh3eb-elf-gcc.exe -c -m3 -mb -Os -mhitachi -Wall -nostdlib  -I../..//
include -lfxcg -lgcc -L../..//lib -std=c99 ../common/crt0.s -o ../common/crt0.o
../..//bin/sh3eb-elf-gcc.exe -c -m3 -mb -Os -mhitachi -Wall -nostdlib  -I../..//
include -lfxcg -lgcc -L../..//lib -std=c99 oblitr8.c -o oblitr8.o
In file included from oblitr8.c:1:0:
../..//include/display_syscalls.h:30:28: error: unknown type name 'TDispGraph'
../..//include/display_syscalls.h:31:31: error: unknown type name 'TDispGraph'
make: *** [oblitr8.o] Error 1
Hi guys, I just tried compiling the default project and running it through the emulator (casio manager plus) as my calculator still hasn't arrived. It seems the default.g3a is locking up the emulator for me, what am I doing wrong?
hedehede81 wrote:
Hi guys, I just tried compiling the default project and running it through the emulator (casio manager plus) as my calculator still hasn't arrived. It seems the default.g3a is locking up the emulator for me, what am I doing wrong?

Don't worry -- I'm just guessing that's normal. PrizmCity doesn't work on the Emulator either, it only seems to pick up any Screen changes done with pure Locate/PrintXY text. The emu isn't that good of an emu.
hedehede81 wrote:
As Ashbad says, the Manager emulator has problems with Locate / Print text. You'll find that the hardware calculator runs your program correctly even if the emulator does not. On another note, welcome to Cemetech! Have you seen us trying to say hello to you in the SAX chat widget over on the left side of the page? You should Introduce Yourself when you get a chance.
KermMartian wrote:
As Ashbad says, the Manager emulator has problems with Locate / Print text. You'll find that the hardware calculator runs your program correctly even if the emulator does not. On another note, welcome to Cemetech! Have you seen us trying to say hello to you in the SAX chat widget over on the left side of the page? You should Introduce Yourself when you get a chance.

I just received my Prizm 10 mins ago and rushed to try the default project under SDK folder. Sadly, it hangs just like with the emulator. (All the icons stay and the processing wheel stay) As you all know the default project is :

Code:

#include <display.h>
#include <keyboard_syscalls.h>
#include <SYSTEM_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard.hpp>
//
void main(void) {
   int x = 1;
   int y = 1;
   int color = 0;
   int mode = 0;
   int key;
   int iContinue = 1;

char* heart = "    ";
   heart[2] = 0xE5;
   heart[3] = 0xE2;
   Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM();

while (iContinue) {
      Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM();
      PrintXY(x, y, heart, mode, color);
      switch (key) {
         case KEY_CTRL_EXIT:
            iContinue = 0;
            break;
         case KEY_CTRL_UP:
            y = y == 1 ? 8 : y-1;
            break;
         case KEY_CTRL_DOWN:
            y = y == 8 ? 1 : y+1;
            break;
         case KEY_CTRL_LEFT:
            x = x == 0 ? 21 : x-1;
            break;
         case KEY_CTRL_RIGHT:
            x = x == 21 ? x=1 : x+1;
            break;
         case KEY_CHAR_PLUS:
            color = color == 7 ? 0 : color+1;
            break;
         case KEY_CHAR_MINUS:
            color = color == 0 ? 7 : color-1;
            break;
         case KEY_CHAR_MULT:
            mode = !mode;
            break;
         case KEY_CHAR_DIV:
            mode = !mode;
            break;
      }
   }

return;
}

I wonder if the problem is the warnings I get when I double click make.bat (screenshot is included)

Can you guys help me get started? All I want is a very simple startup project (like Hello World or the default one) that can get me started with this SDK.
I think the default project must be bad, last time I looked at it the code seemed rather crappy. Try this:

Code:
#include "display.h"

int main() {
    Bdisp_AllCr_VRAM();
    PrintXY(1,1,"  Hello, World!");
    Bdisp_PutDisp_DD();
    return 0;
}

EDIT: and the reason the default code doesn't show anything is because it doesn't ever call Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(), I believe.
Thanks a lot Smile it worked with one exception, PrintXY needed two more parameters:
void PrintXY( int x, int y, char*string, int mode, int color )
Ashbad wrote:
EDIT: and the reason the default code doesn't show anything is because it doesn't ever call Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(), I believe.
Nope. If you're just doing text stuff you don't need Bdisp_PutDisp_DD(). I'm not sure why the default doesn't work, but it is missing some things (such as a getkey). It's changed since the original one I wrote. For the record, this is what I use as the default at this point:

Code:
#include <display_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard_syscalls.h>
#include <keyboard.hpp>
#include <color.h>

void main(void) {
   int key;

while (1) {
      Bdisp_AllClr_VRAM();
      PrintXY(1, 1, "  TEST", TEXT_MODE_NORMAL, TEXT_COLOR_BLACK);
      GetKey(&key);
      switch (key) {
      }
   }

return;
}

It does the job for an OK template.

EDIT: And to Jonimus, I've looked through some of the stuff in Simon's SDK, and I want ALL OF IT. There's some useful status stuff in disp_tools, and some useful input stuff in EditStr and LineEditors. We might as well use what he's already made for us.
Hmm, what? When I was testing PrizmCity with text without a Bdisp_PutDisp_DD call, it didn't render on its own (at least, with PrintXY, which was what I was tested). This may be a bad observation, but perhaps the new OS version changed this? (Or, the fact I'm using the OS with the BASIC Locate with strange color characters bug?) I doubt it, but I'm still positive I had to have a Bdisp_PutDisp_DD do show anything text-related.

hedehede81 wrote:
Thanks a lot Smile it worked with one exception, PrintXY needed two more parameters:
void PrintXY( int x, int y, char*string, int mode, int color )

Yes, my bad indeed, after having worked with it a decent amount already, I shouldn't have made that mistake. It should be:

Code:
PrintXY(1, 1, "  Hello, World!", 0x0, TEXT_COLOR_BLACK);
Oh yeah, I was going to mention the initial two blank characters (or garbage characters) that don't get displayed. I wish we would learn what those are for.
is there any place where I can download documentation for the included Casio specific functions? I tried the Casio documentation for fx-9860G SDK but functions are somewhat different and missing. I'm mostly interested in individual pixel on/off/checking and drawing lines for fun etc. My ultimate goal is a JPEG viewer Smile
hedehede81 wrote:
is there any place where I can download documentation for the included Casio specific functions? I tried the Casio documentation for fx-9860G SDK but functions are somewhat different and missing. I'm mostly interested in individual pixel on/off/checking and drawing lines for fun etc. My ultimate goal is a JPEG viewer Smile
Simon Lothar's modified version of the fx-9860 SDK contains some information about the syscalls: http://ourl.ca/9205/224838
The information is probably also going to be added to the Prizm wiki soon, or at least some of it.
We also have a topic of useful C routines for the Prizm, among which is a good, fast line-drawing routine.
Did I miss something? I thought the Prizm SDK worked on Linux? I tried the .tar.xz and .tar.gz, and both of them had .exes in the /bin/ directory and used backslashes instead of forward slashes to separate paths.
Ashbad wrote:
Hmm, what? When I was testing PrizmCity with text without a Bdisp_PutDisp_DD call, it didn't render on its own (at least, with PrintXY, which was what I was tested). This may be a bad observation, but perhaps the new OS version changed this? (Or, the fact I'm using the OS with the BASIC Locate with strange color characters bug?) I doubt it, but I'm still positive I had to have a Bdisp_PutDisp_DD do show anything text-related.
Check out the minesweeper code, or the code for my character finder. No calls to Bdisp_PutDisp_DD. Just prints and clears. Same with my first test program, and with my Periodic table program. I don't know what's up with your testing, but these programs certainly work without that call. And they worked before I updated the OS. Have you played minesweeper? Maybe try compiling it (the code is for Simon's SDK) and seeing how it works for you?
Minesweeper definitely works for me, but calling PrintXY in PrizmCity without flipping VRAM manually didn't seem to work. I'll test that again in my code later today; I'm guessing I'm either just mistaken, or somehow activated a certain internal mode that doesn't update the screen upon printing.
_player1537 wrote:
Did I miss something? I thought the Prizm SDK worked on Linux? I tried the .tar.xz and .tar.gz, and both of them had .exes in the /bin/ directory and used backslashes instead of forward slashes to separate paths.
As far as I know, it works fine on Linux. Perhaps Jonimus simply made an error when packing the latest version up?
It works if I use Wine, I just think it's odd that there wasn't a Linux version made that works out-of-the-box with `make'. Oh well Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours