merthsoft wrote:
I thought this was going to be an "I chopped off my finger" thread. While this is less exciting, it's certainly better for you!
That was my initial impression on seeing the topic title too. I certainly would have been clumsy enough to do something like chop off a toe, probably, in a similar sort of circumstance. It's a bad day for accidents; BrandonW get hit by a drunk driver early this morning.
Sarah, any updates on the injury? Did it turn out to still be minor?

Kerm, is Brandon okay from the accident? I'm assuming he wasn't severely hurt seeing as you know about it (probably because he texted you), but was it a major collision?
Sarah, I can't imagine how bad that hurts now. I've had instances where I've been hit pretty good by objects and not felt anything from the resulting adrenaline I get but end up feeling it later.

I have funny stories with table saw, but they are all the same. A slice of wood gets caught in friction from the blade and gets launched. My dad works with wood as a primarily has a hobby and I know what can happen from real life cases to stories and being taught.

Related to Brandon, if we could keep it to a new topic that'd be great Wink
hooray for not being seriously injured! \o/

Sorry you were hurt though :< I get hurt everyday, part of being a mechanic. :<
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
I thought this was going to be an "I chopped off my finger" thread. While this is less exciting, it's certainly better for you!
That was my initial impression on seeing the topic title too.

Same. I was expecting a horror story, I'm glad I was mistaken.
DShiznit wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
That was my initial impression on seeing the topic title too.

Same. I was expecting a horror story, I'm glad I was mistaken.

As was I. But I tend to think the worst when someone says something like "I got hurt" or similar. How are you feeling now, Sarah? I can't say that I've had any fun shop experiences so far, but I imagine that it hurt a lot.

Also, re: if your finger got cut off, would you be typing? I would be Razz I could have 3 fingers off, and after I woke up in the hospital, I'd be trying to get back online >.>
I don't think you people realize how hard it is to type with a finger brace. If the finger was lost entirely one can adapt to typing with fewer, but if it gets found and reattached, you have to wear a brace on it for a long time, inhibiting your typing(but ultimately saving your finger, which is more important anyway).
Pretty sure I do know how hard it is to type with a finger brace, and pretty sure I kept on typing when I had one. You just work around it.
I feel it should be noted that, while somebody was injured, this thread had degraded into a discussion of the difficulty of typing with finger injuries. Confused
technomonkey76 wrote:
I feel it should be noted that, while somebody was injured, this thread had degraded into a discussion of the difficulty of typing with finger injuries. Confused
++

Sarah, how are you feeling a few days later?
technomonkey76 wrote:
You should see how many topics I have to steer back into the realm of sanity. Wink I think in this case the original topic couldn't go much farther than "are you ok?" and "that reminds me of the time when I...", so this is an acceptable and logical evolution of the topic.
merthsoft wrote:
Pretty sure I do know how hard it is to type with a finger brace, and pretty sure I kept on typing when I had one. You just work around it.

Well I saw a kid in 5th grade who was a whiz at computers get reduced to single-key typing after breaking his finger. I guess it depends on how well you can adapt to that kind of thing.

Anyway I second comicIDIOT's question:
Quote:
Sarah, how are you feeling a few days later?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours