Arrrg, I want to be playing this right now.
Phero wrote:
Whoa, it's a Phero; he actually found a Cemetech thread! Very Happy I kid of course, but maybe we'll see a few more balanced mentions now? Wink Phero, at your earliest convenience, you should introduce yourself: http://cemete.ch/t4925
There was a demo up somewhere... It was early, but it was awesome.
Nice job, leafiness, looks this you're putting a decent amount of work into this Smile good luck on the contest! A few critiques:

- perhaps make the title screen go a little faster? It's cool, but it slows down the "getting into the game quick" mood
- maybe make the flash when you die a bit more pronounced? Maybe change it from a frame or two (I assume that's how long you've set it for) and make it more like 5-6?

Segway, I'm somewhat irked with these comments:

Quote:

Quote:
That looks fun.

Quote:
It is just purely awesome!

Quote:
Just incredible !!
This game is epic Smile

Quote:
0x5. Zedd ftw. (but graviter is the crown on zedd)

Quote:
Epicz. Just epix

Quote:
This looks fantastic, well done!

Quote:
And this is why I'll stick with pure BASIC.
I can't compete with this. D:
It's too good!

Quote:
Wow. Definately should dowmload this

I'm sure leafiness isn't just posting this stuff for "knee-jerk" responses like "Wow coolio let me download it pl0x", so do him a favor and maybe include some constructive content in your post, like "I really liked this feature", or "hmm, maybe change this..."? I know I would be annoyed about this if I were him.
Sorry guys, I realized I was getting behind on posting updates to here so here's a couple of development screenshots:

If you want to pick up any build you can check out this. I'm doing this in an effort to help people program and make their games better ^^
Well, I already saw them back on omnimaga, but still, it just looks SO AWESOME! Can't wait to play that game!
Holy sh**. That looks frickin' Awesome. I love the animation when he levels up in the first screenie. Is that a gravitar-screensaver style thing in the second one?

EDIT: I'm having trouble running the program that you uploaded. When I run pgrmGRAVITER I get a syntax error.
It's an assembly program compiled with Axe. Use a shell or run Asm(prgmGRAVITER.
Deep Thought wrote:
It's an assembly program compiled with Axe. Use a shell or run Asm(prgmGRAVITER.

ERR:Invalid
Ashbad, while I do agree that we need more constructive posts, I don't think it's right to call those type of posts "knee-jerk responses", especially when they are rightfully deserved. Leafiness, I really love the spiral animation in the second screenshot, very well done. Smile
seana11 wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

ERR:Invalid
Solution (of course): Try running it with Doors CS.

Ashbad: To be honest, I feel that that sort of discussion requires more of a dialog from both ends, perhaps prompted by the author mentioning a few features under consideration to get feedback, or mentioning a few aspects that he's not entirely sold on to see if people think they're worth keeping or not. I feel like the dialog generally starts from there, but you can't entirely fault the audience for failing to come up with anything other than complements in response to a minimally-adorned series of screenshots.
Yeah, sorry about these half-assed posts, but I have a bad memory and forget to update this site, and when I do I'm usually rushed. I'll try providing a bit more details and asking you for more feedback in the future.
leafiness0 wrote:
Yeah, sorry about these half-assed posts, but I have a bad memory and forget to update this site, and when I do I'm usually rushed. I'll try providing a bit more details and asking you for more feedback in the future.
No problem, I didn't mean to single you out either, just point out that it's also not only the commenters' fault for failing to contribute anything constructive. You just come visit us more often and participate in our general discussions to prompt yourself to remember to update your thread! Wink
So some of you may have been wondering what I've been up to this time. It's got to be something of massively epic proportions, you thought. And today, I wasted approximately 12 minutes figuring out the Copy( command and making this awesome menu setup.

As usual, harsh criticism is welcome! Some transitions haven't been completed yet so it's still a bit choppy when going from main menu to level, etc.
I was working on these fizzler grids and decided to make particle effects! Check it out:

These grids basically destroy objects, but not the player object. Tell me if it looks okay ^^
Wow! Do you get points for destroying the blocks? I can't seem to see any other reason to destroy them (unless they're placed perfectly to block the door or something). In any case, though, that effect looks about as awesome as everything else Smile
Nope - but remember, this is a puzzle game! These fizzlers will prove as very useful obstacles ^^
Sounds great. Can't wait to see how it works Smile
Deep Thought wrote:
Sounds great. Can't wait to see how it works Smile

Me neither! Smile
You might have mentioned this before (and I didn't notice), but is that thick checkerboard wall an "instant death" obstacle? I'm guessing blocks will pass through it but not the player, right?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours