Ah, ok. That is true because I'd rather have a TI-84+ than a TI-86, but it's the one I was stuck with (being the only calc at the pawn shop at the time)
You'll find a *lot* of cool, old calculators at pawn shops. My friend owns a TI-80 with link port he bought from there, and bought it for $5. The two reasons why pawn shops get them:

1) kids outgrow them, maybe lose them, and anything of "no value" or seemingly lost always ends up there via either you or the person who stole it from you selling it to buy drugs or subway/mt. Dew for the day

2) kids around here (and I'm sure in other places too) steal *huge* batch quantities from schools (in middle school, someone jacked 65 TI 84+ SE calcs, at a value of around $5000 for the school) and sell them for shoots, giggles, and more drug money.

Always check your local pawn store before your local computer with an eBay account Wink better deals, no shipping and handling.
That's a wonderful idea; I can't believe that I never thought of that before! Although I wonder about New York and pawn shops; it might be a little harder here. I suppose I could call a few of them up and ask.
The [OFF] button? do you need that then?
aeTIos wrote:
The [OFF] button? do you need that then?
Yeah, it's hard to find at first. Wink Do you have any comments or additions to the content of the guide?
I have: If you got OS 2.5x MP (and up) , make sure MP is disabled since it slows down your calc a lot.
Ashbad wrote:
2) kids around here (and I'm sure in other places too) steal *huge* batch quantities from schools (in middle school, someone jacked 65 TI 84+ SE calcs, at a value of around $5000 for the school) and sell them for shoots, giggles, and more drug money.
65!? The school never found out about it?
aeTIos wrote:
I have: If you got OS 2.5x MP (and up) , make sure MP is disabled since it slows down your calc a lot.
That's a good tip indeed! For some people MP is indispensable for math, but if you write or run a lot of homescreen programs and/or games, it's generally a very bad thing.
adamac15 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
65!? The school never found out about it?

Oh, they found out about it alright Wink the next day my class was supposed to use them for a Math Test. That was one great test to not study for, considering half the class was relying on using fancy calculators.
Oh that would suck!!!!!!!!!

That is why I got my own My school has 70 Calculators for the whole school and 400 kids iin just my graduating class. So ya. not many to work with.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh that would suck!!!!!!!!!

That is why I got my own My school has 70 Calculators for the whole school and 400 kids iin just my graduating class. So ya. not many to work with.
Wow, that's not enough at all. Don't people buy their own calculators, though?
Another suggestion: You should mention Symbolic. its a very useful tool.
aeTIos wrote:
Another suggestion: You should mention Symbolic. its a very useful tool.
As a replacement for the MP OSes? That's not a bad idea, actually. I can't say I've used it extensively myself, though, hence why I didn't mention it.
People but there own calculators but not everyone can affor one.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
People but there own calculators but not everyone can affor one.
*Buy, I think you mean? That makes sense, I guess it isn't a cheap purchase. Do they just get by with sharing calculators, then, or do they use some sort of substitute?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours