While it *does* come from the same facebook page as the Prizm Sweepstakes, I think it more than warrants it's own topic. Because it's just sooo cool.

Have you ever wished that your school would ditch TI crap and buy new PRIZMs? Have you ever thought of petitioning for them to do so? Well, let your new best friend Casio take some stress off your back.. they're willing to petition *for you*.

According to their official facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/casioeducation?sk=app_190322544333196 , they're getting students to drop by their school info so that they can lobby on the grounds that students from the school want these shiny, new, beautiful, cheap calculators instead of early 1990's quality 83+s. I've already dropped the info for my high school, I suggest others do the same; if you're not going to high school, give them the info for the one you did/will go to Razz

Casio++
thanks signed up for it.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
thanks signed up for it.

Awesome Very Happy one school at a time we will downsize Big Bro TI's reign over students and teach them the revolutionary ideals Casio conceived.

[heh, exaggeration by a bit maybe, but it *does* sound inspiring in an Orwellian sense, which is never bad]
I think, as far as actual math things go, I much prefer the 84+SE to the Prizm. Doing math on my Prizm just doesn't seem as intuitive, and doesn't flow as well. This could be because I'm used to the TI interface, but I remember picking up on how to do things very quickly on my 82, a lot more easily than I am now on the Prizm.
For this reason, I don't really want to sign the petition. Students should have calculators that are better suited for math and all that, and I think the Prizm just doesn't stack up against the 84+SE and family.
merthsoft wrote:
I think, as far as actual math things go, I much prefer the 84+SE to the Prizm. Doing math on my Prizm just doesn't seem as intuitive, and doesn't flow as well. This could be because I'm used to the TI interface, but I remember picking up on how to do things very quickly on my 82, a lot more easily than I am now on the Prizm.
For this reason, I don't really want to sign the petition. Students should have calculators that are better suited for math and all that, and I think the Prizm just doesn't stack up against the 84+SE and family.

Which is fine too Smile however, you have to admit the Prizm is far superior to the Nspire series; and that's likely what schools will replace their old stocks with on their next 3-5 year changeout cycle otherwise -- simply because they're from TI.
Ashbad wrote:
... you have to admit the Prizm is far superior to the Nspire series...
I don't have to admit anything. I've never used the an Nspire of any kind, so I really have no first-hand knowledge to base an opinion on.
merthsoft wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
... you have to admit the Prizm is far superior to the Nspire series...
I don't have to admit anything. I've never used the an Nspire of any kind, so I really have no first-hand knowledge to base an opinion on.

Hmm, fair enough; I guess that wasn't the greatest thing to assume. I'll tell you personally all that the Nspire was pretty hard to use for math, but I guess it'd be better if you tried them out yourself first.
I have never used a prizm but I have used an Nspire. They suck really bad. They might as well be a ti basic calculator with a little graph app. no programming support the user interface sucks. I got it for free otherwise i would nto have gotten it.
Aes_Sedia, that jives with my experiences and most of what I've heard other people say about it. Ashbad, I would happily sign that if I had a school to which it was applicable to. Smile I don't think graduate schools count.
It is alot better in 84 mode. alot easier on the eyes too. For example 1 pixel on the regular 84 is now 4 on the Nspire in 84 mode. Just easier on the eyes in my opinon. though i wish I could use the whole screen.

Also I emailed and complained to TI about that and they said they would work on it. (lets see how long it takes.)
Haha, that's code for "we're not going to work on it at all". Wink I'd say if a Prizm was running a TI-84+ emulator, I'd pretty much never need to touch one of my TI calculators again. Very Happy
i agree. hey that would be a good project Kerm. I dont suppose you know someone that could do that.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
i agree. hey that would be a good project Kerm. I dont suppose you know someone that could do that.
As a matter of fact, I not only know someone who could do it, I know someone who has started doing so. Smile
Sweet. Well when they get it done i might have to get myself a casio.

or win one. LOL

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours