» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I've kept hearing that the furnaces and crafting tables have been bugged but it's not a universal issue because I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches at all, and I played the pre-release quite extensively this weekend.
The big issue I noticed in 1.8 in SMP servers was an invisible leaves bug where if a tree spawned within your chunk you could see no leaves until you forced a lighting update. Thankfully this seems to have been fixed with craftbukkit.

In other news another member from rcfreak0's server introduced me to this awesome water shader mod, I am rather impressed with the results though IMO it could use a few tweaks its still rather impressive.
Screenshot
Holy hell. Give me that right now.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/542215-181-water-shader-alpha-v4d/

I tweaked the water color a bit, and if you turn up the AA and other settings it will rape your GPU, but with a few minor tweaks I got it so it doesn't effect my laptops FPS too much.

Also what did you think of my house in the background there, I tried to make it look as unobtrusive to the landscape as possible.
Considering the beast of a graphics card that I have, I think I don't mind AA set high. I will definitely give that a try. And I like the house a lot! I'm planning on posting a whole swatch of Evocatus 4.0 screenies soon, especially Arcadia screenshots.
*bump* A view of the current town of Arcadia 3 on Evocatus!

... Words cannot describe how awesome that is, Kerm.
I'll post screenshots of some of the inside structures, like our giant redstone-powered intruder detector map based on the walls, the huge gate, the underground tunnel system, the vault with its combination lock, the piston elevators, etc.
Out of curiosity how long did it take you guys to mine, and place the materials for the walls?
I think we had the materials in a week or two, and although the full walls went up over about a week, that was mostly time spent working on less monotonous projects in between brief wall work.
Bump!

Here are a couple things I found interesting on rcfreak0's server:

The nether town I built, Argyle:

Random floating mountains that I thought were somewhat cool:

Do you guys have regular backups in case something terrible happened to your city?
Cool stuff, Qwerty.55; thanks for sharing! DShiznit, as far as Evocat.us goes, we have twice-daily full backups that end up on a different drive on the server. Not sure what rcfreak0 does.

I didn't want to wait for it to stop raining. Razz
Oh snap, very nicely done! Huzzah for Souvik; if we ever (heaven forbid) have a Minecraft subforum, that would have to be the header. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
[. . .] if we ever (heaven forbid) have a Minecraft subforum, [. . .]
Don't get any ideas Wink

Souvik, that looks great Very Happy Very nicely done!
Looking at that again, I like the slightly less-formal air that the rounded tops on the M give. I personally would have made it with squared-off tops, because that's how I'm used to making the M, but your method is quite interesting. _player, not even for the Building With Blocks subforum? Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Looking at that again, I like the slightly less-formal air that the rounded tops on the M give. I personally would have made it with squared-off tops, because that's how I'm used to making the M, but your method is quite interesting. _player, not even for the Building With Blocks subforum? Sad

Heh, I just thought that the rounded corners looked better, so I went with that.
I realized with the new 2.0 release, Minecraft is actually quite a pretty game given its graphical limitations.

And you don't even have smooth lighting and fancy graphics with the 4x AA my desktop's graphics card can handle turned on! Wink I see that you managed to skip a whole version without the rest of us, though; care to share?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours