Back in the day, when we were still in low triple-digit topic numbers, we enumerated the Top 1,000 Signs You're Addicted to Your Calculator. It was so successful that we followed it with New Top 1024 Signs You're Addicted to Your Calculator. Since then, we tried to start a Top 1,000 Signs You're Addicted to Technology, but it never made much headway. I propose a Top 1,024 Signs You're a Cemetechian. By Cemetechian, I don't mean the fact that you're actually on the website ("(1) You know the HTML code for the shade of red in the Cemetech logo") but that you represent the qualities of technology obsession, calculator enthusiasm, and general intelligence and maturity that we espouse. I'll start us off, let's see if we can get to 1,024!

1) You own several graphing calculators
2) You know how to program all of your graphing calculators
3) You know several or many programming languages, and you actually know them well enough to whip up an application
4) You scoff at people who claim to have mastered a language after writing a Hello World program in that language
5) You consider your online programming colleagues a regular part of your social circle
6) Dreaming in code is not an uncommon occurrence for you
7) Stories about your childhood tinkering often start with you taking something apart and end with it never really working again
8 ) Luckily, you've outgrown that.... Rolling Eyes
9) Multiple monitors are a must for your computer, even though you espouse the advantages of a 96x64 monochrome screen
10) You are frequently referred to as a machine that turns coffee into code
11) You enjoy any of techno, dance, dubstep, symphonic rock, or classical music. In fact, you probably have your own eclectic mix of music that you like that makes others raise an eyebrow.
12) You've ever carried around a laptop/netbook as an MP3 player
13) You don't give up on gadgets that break, and at least one of your electronics is held together with solder and duct tape.
14) Someone on the internet is WRONG! I cannot sleep until this disgraceful state is repaired.
15) lol
KermMartian wrote:
Back in the day, when we were still in low triple-digit topic numbers, we enumerated the Top 1,000 Signs You're Addicted to Your Calculator. It was so successful that we followed it with New Top 1024 Signs You're Addicted to Your Calculator. Since then, we tried to start a Top 1,000 Signs You're Addicted to Technology, but it never made much headway. I propose a Top 1,024 Signs You're a Cemetechian. By Cemetechian, I don't mean the fact that you're actually on the website ("(1) You know the HTML code for the shade of red in the Cemetech logo") but that you represent the qualities of technology obsession, calculator enthusiasm, and general intelligence and maturity that we espouse. I'll start us off, let's see if we can get to 1,024!

1) You own several graphing calculators
2) You know how to program all of your graphing calculators
3) You know several or many programming languages, and you actually know them well enough to whip up an application
4) You scoff at people who claim to have mastered a language after writing a Hello World program in that language
5) You consider your online programming colleagues a regular part of your social circle
6) Dreaming in code is not an uncommon occurrence for you
7) Stories about your childhood tinkering often start with you taking something apart and end with it never really working again
8 ) Luckily, you've outgrown that.... Rolling Eyes
9) Multiple monitors are a must for your computer, even though you espouse the advantages of a 96x64 monochrome screen
10) You are frequently referred to as a machine that turns coffee into code
11) You enjoy any of techno, dance, dubstep, symphonic rock, or classical music. In fact, you probably have your own eclectic mix of music that you like that makes others raise an eyebrow.
12) You've ever carried around a laptop/netbook as an MP3 player
13) You don't give up on gadgets that break, and at least one of your electronics is held together with solder and duct tape.
14) Someone on the internet is WRONG! I cannot sleep until this disgraceful state is repaired.

This, this and this! Unfortunately #8 still isn't true for me yet...

anyway,

16) You love Google as the magnificent, just, and loving benefactor it is, working hard to make everyone's life easier one day at a time.
17) You hate Google as the evil empire it is, insatiably devouring all rivals and taking over the world and all our lives one day at a time.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 14 all apply to me.....

18. You regard Java as a bad language to program in.
19. Your new favorite word is Blasdflkh
20. every time you mention a cat, you suddenly hear someone should NEKO in your ear.

21. nikky is your king, you always listen to his arcane wisdom.
22. You kow Merthese rather well
23. You found the hello world seed already
24. You put the Cemetech logo on everything you make
25. You know a lot about SDCC even though you've never used it
26. You love Java.
*26. you use gossamer for your normal web browsing.
28. What's Mirage OS? Is it like DCS7?
29. What's an NSpire? Is it like a Prism? (For Kerm)
30. Everything in the Top 1024 Signs You're Addicted to Your Calculator applies to you.
seana11 wrote:
29. What's an Nspire? Is it like a Prizm? (For Kerm)
FTFY
31: You know all of the DoorsCS commands.
32: You use sed to correct yourself.
33. you use s/something/something2/ to correct yourself in real life

34. You have DCS ported to everything you own
35. You tell everyone to never buy CXs. Because they suck. You don't even give reasons anymore.
36. You impress everyone in your science class with this:

Code:
0 -> A
While 1
A+1 -> A
Disp A
End

However, they think your PrizmCity source, printed out over a 20 page range in pt 10 courier new font is child's play. They also think it's in HTML.

37. You know the reason behind the lol censoring, and how it corresponds to b101.
38. You use your graphical calc as a mp3-player
39. you MAKE MT3's for the calculator Wink
40. You spend (almost) all your life in the digital world
41. You calculate in binary system
42) You recognize the potential advantages of being a Human-Calc cyborg and you're waiting for Kerm to figure out to use an Arduino as a Neural interface.

43) You know the assembly language for at least one processor no longer in use.

44) You boycott calculators using modern processors.
45) You love Apple; you feel all it's products are ingenious, innovative and trendy, and everyone should buy them.
46) You hate Apple; you feel all it's products are overrated and overpriced, and noone should buy them.
47) ou love Linux, because it is free software

Page 1 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours