For those of you that have seen my RPG, you'd probably realize it has no name D: if some people downloaded my RPG files, there's a sign that gives the context of the RPG on the first map, so you have a better idea of the game.

Anyways, I can't think of a name. Any of you have an idea? Smiling Cat
Smiling Cat
Perhaps discuss this in your original RPG topic? Usually it's not a good idea to start a new one for a question like this Wink heads up for the future
Ashbad wrote:
Perhaps discuss this in your original RPG topic? Usually it's not a good idea to start a new one for a question like this Wink heads up for the future

Well I'm new! D: Graphing Calculator
Sarah wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

Well I'm new! D: Graphing Calculator

Thus the heads up Wink you're not in trouble, everyone has made this mistake before. No worries.
I don't think it's terribly bad to start a new topic for a name. Sure, it will probably take less then a page to get a good name but the name and the development are two different topics. However, it's suitable as it's own topic and in the development topic in my opinion.

My opinion aside, can you describe your RPG (again?) so that we can better assess names and ideas. What's the story and such?
The sign that gives the context of the start of the RPG is in this file:

Code:
'ProgramMode:RUN
2->Q
X->List 20[1]
Y->List 20[2]
If Z=2
Then Locate 1,1,"These strange        "
Locate 1,2,"structures have been_Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"hidden away in these "
Locate 1,2,"thick woods for as  _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"long as anybody can  "
Locate 1,2,"remember. Some even _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"claim that they have "
Locate 1,2,"always existed.     _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"It is said that they "
Locate 1,2,"contain a mysterious_Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"power that draws in  "
Locate 1,2,"the conscience of   _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"beings from a        "
Locate 1,2,"different reality.  _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"According to legend, "
Locate 1,2,"the only way for    _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"these souls to       "
Locate 1,2,"return is to find   _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"the four keys from   "
Locate 1,2,"the corners of the  _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Locate 1,1,"world.               "
Locate 1,2,"                    _Disps_"
While Getkey<>0
WhileEnd
While Getkey<>31
WhileEnd
Prog "ZMAP002"
List 20[1]->X
List 20[2]->Y
Return
IfEnd

Then Locate 1,1,"These strange "
Locate 1,2,"structures have been_Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"hidden away in these "
Locate 1,2,"thick woods for as _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"long as anybody can "
Locate 1,2,"remember. Some even _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"claim that they have "
Locate 1,2,"always existed. _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"It is said that they "
Locate 1,2,"contain a mysterious_Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"power that draws in "
Locate 1,2,"the conscience of _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"beings from a "
Locate 1,2,"different reality. _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"According to legend, "
Locate 1,2,"the only way for _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"these souls to "
Locate 1,2,"return is to find _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"the four keys from "
Locate 1,2,"the corners of the _Disps_"
Locate 1,1,"world. "
Locate 1,2," _Disps_"
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't think it's terribly bad to start a new topic for a name. Sure, it will probably take less then a page to get a good name but the name and the development are two different topics. However, it's suitable as it's own topic and in the development topic in my opinion.

My opinion aside, can you describe your RPG (again?) so that we can better assess names and ideas. What's the story and such?

Meh, well if you say it's alright then it obviously is. I'm personally be fine with it, but I just remember that usually Mods here don't like it. Obviously, things have changed for the better Smile. In which case Sarah, ignore my previous comments.
Ashbad wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Meh, well if you say it's alright then it obviously is. I'm personally be fine with it, but I just remember that usually Mods here don't like it. Obviously, things have changed for the better Smile. In which case Sarah, ignore my previous comments.

Okie Smiling Cat

I'm kinda thinking the name should be the name of the world the RPG takes place in.
Sarah wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Okie Smiling Cat

I'm kinda thinking the name should be the name of the world the RPG takes place in.

Not a bad idea Wink what's the name of the setting country/land? Perhaps something like "Chronicles of [country/land]", or "The tales of [country/land]"?
Ashbad wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Okie Smiling Cat

Not a bad idea Wink what's the name of the setting country/land? Perhaps something like "Chronicles of [country/land]", or "The tales of [country/land]"?

The thing is I don't have a name, so I'm looking for a name Smiling Cat
How about something mystical? Or short-but-strange-sounding? Maybe I can help, I seem to been decent at coming up with weird names:

- Pelin
- Masoro
- Lijar
- Hilar
- Unora
- Kanata
- Xeniva
- Versale

There's some country/land name ideas, if you're going for a magical sort of name Smile
Sarah wrote:
These strange structures have been hidden away in these thick woods for as long as anybody can remember. Some even claim that they have always existed. It is said that they contain a mysterious power that draws in the conscience of beings from a different reality. According to legend, the only way for these souls to return is to find the four keys from the corners of the world.

Do you have a name for the protagonist? It could be "Lynn and the Four Keys" or "The Quest for the Four Keys."
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sarah wrote:
These strange structures have been hidden away in these thick woods for as long as anybody can remember. Some even claim that they have always existed. It is said that they contain a mysterious power that draws in the conscience of beings from a different reality. According to legend, the only way for these souls to return is to find the four keys from the corners of the world.

Do you have a name for the protagonist? It could be "Lynn and the Four Keys" or "The Quest for the Four Keys."

The story is sort of designed to be "You wake up in another world"

So the main character's name is whatever your name is. I wanted to throw in this:

Code:
3->Dim List 10
Locate 1,1,"___"
While List 10[1]=0
Getkey->List 10[1]
WhileEnd
List 10[1]=76=>Locate 1,1,"A"
List 10[1]=66=>Locate 1,1,"B"
List 10[1]=56=>Locate 1,1,"C"
List 10[1]=46=>Locate 1,1,"D"
List 10[1]=36=>Locate 1,1,"E"
List 10[1]=26=>Locate 1,1,"F"
List 10[1]=75=>Locate 1,1,"G"
List 10[1]=65=>Locate 1,1,"H"
List 10[1]=55=>Locate 1,1,"I"
List 10[1]=45=>Locate 1,1,"J"
List 10[1]=35=>Locate 1,1,"K"
List 10[1]=25=>Locate 1,1,"L"
List 10[1]=74=>Locate 1,1,"M"
List 10[1]=64=>Locate 1,1,"N"
List 10[1]=54=>Locate 1,1,"O"
List 10[1]=73=>Locate 1,1,"P"
List 10[1]=63=>Locate 1,1,"Q"
List 10[1]=53=>Locate 1,1,"R"
List 10[1]=43=>Locate 1,1,"S"
List 10[1]=33=>Locate 1,1,"T"
List 10[1]=72=>Locate 1,1,"U"
List 10[1]=62=>Locate 1,1,"V"
List 10[1]=52=>Locate 1,1,"W"
List 10[1]=42=>Locate 1,1,"X"
List 10[1]=32=>Locate 1,1,"Y"
List 10[1]=71=>Locate 1,1,"Z"
While List 10[2]=0
Getkey->List 10[2]
WhileEnd
List 10[2]=76=>Locate 2,1,"A"
List 10[2]=66=>Locate 2,1,"B"
List 10[2]=56=>Locate 2,1,"C"
List 10[2]=46=>Locate 2,1,"D"
List 10[2]=36=>Locate 2,1,"E"
List 10[2]=26=>Locate 2,1,"F"
List 10[2]=75=>Locate 2,1,"G"
List 10[2]=65=>Locate 2,1,"H"
List 10[2]=55=>Locate 2,1,"I"
List 10[2]=45=>Locate 2,1,"J"
List 10[2]=35=>Locate 2,1,"K"
List 10[2]=25=>Locate 2,1,"L"
List 10[2]=74=>Locate 2,1,"M"
List 10[2]=64=>Locate 2,1,"N"
List 10[2]=54=>Locate 2,1,"O"
List 10[2]=73=>Locate 2,1,"P"
List 10[2]=63=>Locate 2,1,"Q"
List 10[2]=53=>Locate 2,1,"R"
List 10[2]=43=>Locate 2,1,"S"
List 10[2]=33=>Locate 2,1,"T"
List 10[2]=72=>Locate 2,1,"U"
List 10[2]=62=>Locate 2,1,"V"
List 10[2]=52=>Locate 2,1,"W"
List 10[2]=42=>Locate 2,1,"X"
List 10[2]=32=>Locate 2,1,"Y"
List 10[2]=71=>Locate 2,1,"Z"
While List 10[3]=0
Getkey->List 10[3]
WhileEnd
List 10[3]=76=>Locate 3,1,"A"
List 10[3]=66=>Locate 3,1,"B"
List 10[3]=56=>Locate 3,1,"C"
List 10[3]=46=>Locate 3,1,"D"
List 10[3]=36=>Locate 3,1,"E"
List 10[3]=26=>Locate 3,1,"F"
List 10[3]=75=>Locate 3,1,"G"
List 10[3]=65=>Locate 3,1,"H"
List 10[3]=55=>Locate 3,1,"I"
List 10[3]=45=>Locate 3,1,"J"
List 10[3]=35=>Locate 3,1,"K"
List 10[3]=25=>Locate 3,1,"L"
List 10[3]=74=>Locate 3,1,"M"
List 10[3]=64=>Locate 3,1,"N"
List 10[3]=54=>Locate 3,1,"O"
List 10[3]=73=>Locate 3,1,"P"
List 10[3]=63=>Locate 3,1,"Q"
List 10[3]=53=>Locate 3,1,"R"
List 10[3]=43=>Locate 3,1,"S"
List 10[3]=33=>Locate 3,1,"T"
List 10[3]=72=>Locate 3,1,"U"
List 10[3]=62=>Locate 3,1,"V"
List 10[3]=52=>Locate 3,1,"W"
List 10[3]=42=>Locate 3,1,"X"
List 10[3]=32=>Locate 3,1,"Y"
List 10[3]=71=>Locate 3,1,"Z"

To input your own name, but it's WAY too long.
While this isn't the right thread for it, I'll say quickly that some of that code you just put there could real use an optimization. I'm not very skilled with Casio-BASIC, but I'm sure you could do something with a reference string/list and use different values for checking for Key/Character correlations Wink

Also, that type of story seems interesting. In which case, maybe a name that reveals that it's a dream or a fantasy in another world or something, like "Dream Quest", "Dream Quest: Search for the 4 Keys", "Quest of Dreams"?
Ashbad wrote:
While this isn't the right thread for it, I'll say quickly that some of that code you just put there could real use an optimization. I'm not very skilled with Casio-BASIC, but I'm sure you could do something with a reference string/list and use different values for checking for Key/Character correlations Wink

Also, that type of story seems interesting. In which case, maybe a name that reveals that it's a dream or a fantasy in another world or something, like "Dream Quest", "Dream Quest: Search for the 4 Keys", "Quest of Dreams"?

I dunno. Hrmmm
Name it "Shaun".

Or just "Four Keys". Simple and relevant. I like it.
Ashbad wrote:

What she has set up is an alphabetical keyboard on screen which the user navigates with the arrow keys, I assume.

She could probably use a string plus a for loop to place the letters on screen but she'd need another way to determine which character is where when the user selects that letter. The first thing I noticed, Sarah, is that you could likely repeat that whole letter selection process in a for loop. Though, I haven't studied it so I'm not sure if it's all for the same name or for a First, Middle, Last. Maybe you could shed some light in the development topic?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

What she has set up is an alphabetical keyboard on screen which the user navigates with the arrow keys, I assume.

She could probably use a string plus a for loop to place the letters on screen but she'd need another way to determine which character is where when the user selects that letter. The first thing I noticed, Sarah, is that you could likely repeat that whole letter selection process in a for loop. Though, I haven't studied it so I'm not sure if it's all for the same name or for a First, Middle, Last. Maybe you could shed some light in the development topic?

Okai

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours