TheStorm wrote:
Yeah they are removing features from one while adding them to the other. Razz
Sounds about right for Texas Instruments, sadly. Sad It's probably two different teams that don't communicate or something. If anyone gets their hands on more .8xo's, and has marginally more time than me to run them through SourceCoder and note the results, I would very much appreciate it.
As long as I have that MacBook for work, I can reboot once in a while under MacOS X (I use Linux > 95% of the time) and produce 8xo files at will Smile
People like elfprince can do, too, if they have TI Connect X and a bit of time.
Superb. I tested programs, I tested pictures, but I didn't test reals, complexes, real lists, and complex lists yet.
It turns out TILP already supports 8xo files, it just happened to call them 8Xgrp's since the orginial devs were not sure what the proper extenstion was. I commented on the sf.net bug but it would be a simple two line patch, but even without it the file with send as it's header and everything are correct.
Thanks, I've made an update to the ticalc.org FAQ entry. If anyone has any additions/corrections to contribute, feel free to post them here.
Thanks indeed, Jonimus. Yet another bunch of productive stuff comes out of Have Calc, Will Programs! In fact, we're getting closer towards a full year of HCWP, I believe.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
As long as I have that MacBook for work, I can reboot once in a while under MacOS X (I use Linux > 95% of the time) and produce 8xo files at will Smile
People like elfprince can do, too, if they have TI Connect X and a bit of time.

TI Connect X seems not to have been updated in a while and has problems on newer versions of OS X so I've switched to TILP. Though I should be able to create 8xo files still (since only linking was having problems last I checked).
elfprince13, we have a few from the ticalc.org archives but if my testing is correct tilp already supports them, it just didn't know what the proper extenstion was.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours