Never had either (Shame on you!)
 5%  [ 1 ]
I don't drink soda
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

I gravitate slightly towards Mr. Pibb.
Dr. Pepper++

Trust me, I'm a witchdoctor
I would LOVE to know where one can get Mr. Pibb these days. Because Pibb Xtra doesn't cut it.
I think I probably tend to prefer Mr. Pibb, if only because I don't get to drink it as often compared to Dr. Pepper. I haven't really had an opportunity to try them both side by side, so it's hard to say.

I recall a couple of times getting some store-branded Dr. Pepper-like soda at Braum's that I liked quite a bit, maybe even better than the brand Dr. Pepper.
Me, at a restaurant:
"Dr. Pepper, please. And not Mr. Pibb."
"We only have Mr. Pibb."
"Coke, please."
I don't really love root beer-flavored sorts of drinks at all, to be honest, but I've found the two to be equally tasty. Seana11, may I ask what prompted you to ask?
I don't care for root beer, either, personally. But I don't recall Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb tasting like root beer to me? Razz
I prefer Dr. Pepper, but I don't really drink soda often.
I was thinking about this for a while, and Sir mentioned it in candid photos, which reminded me of it.
wth is Mr. Pibb?

Also, Moxie++
Pop is disgusting. Don't drink that sugar-laden swill.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Indeed. I prefer fruit juice, lemonade, and iced tea. Anyway, I don't drink Dr. Pepper because I'm in the lower-middle-class and can't afford none of that rich folk stuff. All I can get is "Dr. Bob".
allynfolksjr wrote:
Pop is disgusting.

Indeed, "pop" is disgusting. Everyone knows the correct term is "soda".

@DShiznit: If you can't afford Dr. Pepper I'm pretty sure that means you aren't in middle-class at all. Maybe upper-lower, but middle is reserved for people that can afford Dr. Pepper. So save your pennies and buy some Dr. Pepper - it'll raise your economic status. Put that on your resume, too "drinks Dr. Pepper" <- that's easily worth another $5k/year at any job.
Inappropriate perhaps, but let me postulate that the better part of the public apparently missed one point in particular, that there's plainly no period present in the product name. I presume this is pertinent to any person's private compendium of punctuational pet peeves.

Anywho, half lemonade and half iced tea should go on every menu. As for the vote, Mr. Pibb > Dr Pepper > Pibb Xtra for me, but as it's been so long since I've actually seen a Mr. Pibb, I went with why are you still reading this?
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Pop is disgusting.

Indeed, "pop" is disgusting. Everyone knows the correct term is "soda".

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new. Nikky, get off the internet you backwards west-coaster.
Weregoose wrote:
Inappropriate perhaps, but let me postulate that the better part of the public apparently missed one point in particular, that there's plainly no period present in the product name. I presume this is pertinent to any person's private compendium of punctuational pet peeves.

Anywho, half lemonade and half iced tea should go on every menu. As for the vote, Mr. Pibb > Dr Pepper > Pibb Xtra for me, but as it's been so long since I've actually seen a Mr. Pibb, I went with why are you still reading this?

It had the dot before 1960 or so, though. So there's that. And thank you for reiterating my point of the sillyness of this topic. Who has had a Mr Pibb recently enough to compare? It's like trying to compare Surge to anything, it's been years since that was pulled from 90% of markets.
allynfolksjr wrote:

I thought American fizzy drinks had HFCS in them instead of sugar? Or is that just Coke?

I've never heard of Mr Pibb, but do drink Dr Pepper (or "fizzy Benylin" if you're Alan Partridge).
Whats the difference? They taste the same to me.
benryves wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

I thought American fizzy drinks had HFCS in them instead of sugar? Or is that just Coke?

I've never heard of Mr Pibb, but do drink Dr Pepper (or "fizzy Benylin" if you're Alan Partridge).

They ( mostly ) all use HCFS, exceptions include Pepsi and Mountain Dew "Throwback" which both use sugar. Imported bottles of Coke products, mainly from Mexico, use sugar. And a lot of small bottlers use sugar as well. And the occasional "all natural" soda will throw sugar in, in place of HCFS.
Too bad mountain dew throwback tastes awful Sad. It's like they *want* you to rather have the better tasting (delicious) normal variety instead -- throwback isn't very bubbly, it's way too sweet, and it's pretty bland. I had a bottle of it just a minute ago. I'm about to drink another Laughing

In my list:

MD Voltage > MD > Dr Pepper > Black Cherry Soda > Key Lime Soda > (all other soda is gross)

Edit: those healthy "Izze" sodas are pretty good too

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours