Yeah I had to save every bit of RAM I could by reducing code repetition, which resulted in that many sub-programs. Back then that was the only way as we did not have DoorsCS/xLIB real(10 function, which made nesting temporary programs way easier than with Flash Gordon.

I had to do something similar when I ported Illusiat to the TI-81. The game is 2400 bytes large and is split into 37 sub-programs.
ComicIDIOT: the header indicates both lock status and archive status, which is why SourceCoder 2.5 has options for setting (or resetting) both. I could indeed read those and transmit them accordingly.
I have run the lib-usb executable and the filter software that came up right after it (Windows). However, following the instructions in the README of DCS7.2b, I still can't get Gossamer to load the page. Any ideas?
What kind of errors or messages does the gCnClient spit out when you try to use Gossamer?
Nothing...the command prompt just pops up for a moment, then disappears. I then check the Task Manage and find that gcnclient.exe is NOT running.
You need to run gcnclient.exe from the command prompt. Press Win+R, type cmd, and press enter to open a command prompt, and cd to the directory where gcnclient.exe is. Then, run gcnclient.exe -h to get a list of the available arguments.
oh thanks
Just one problem: what is a valid Serial comport number for TI-84+SE and I am using USB direct link?

More importantly, what is a COMport number?
Alebcay wrote:
Just one problem: what is a valid Serial comport number for TI-84+SE and I am using USB direct link?

I think the COM port is used for old parallel cables, but I could be wrong
Alebcay wrote:

You wouldn't use the -c argument if you are not using an Arduino, if I recall correctly.
Alright. I specify the server, local hub, and local endpoint. Its also asking for a com port. Can someone just tell me how to get this thing working with Gossamer?
Use the -d option. Specifically, if you are using DirectUSB, you would add "-d d" to the end of the arguments you specify. I'd be surprised if this wasn't in the readme.
Alebcay wrote:

You don't need to worry about Serial COM port number if you are using direct USB - only if you are using an Arduino based hub.
Thanks. Still running into trouble:

C:\Users\...\MyTIData\gcnclient -l localdev -n localhub -d d -s cemetech.net

From my understanding, that will create a local device named "localdev", a local hub named "localhub", and it will initialize a DirectUSB connection, and finally connect to cemetech.net. Am I doing something wrong here?
The proper metahub is gcnhub.cemetech.net, and the proper port is 4295. You can omit the -s and -p options, though, and just let the gCnClient use its defaults. If you read the Gossamer readme, you need to use the "WebHub" hub, or else Gossamer won't be able to find the web bridge. Therefore:

C:\Users\...\MyTIData\gcnclient -l localdev -n WebHub -d d

Of course, if you want to connect to a virtual hub other than WebHub, you're welcome to change the -n option.
Oh...thanks.
Alebcay wrote:
Oh...thanks.
So did that do the trick for you?
The WebHub thing. It only takes up one line in the Gossamer readme.

One more thing:

Any other hubs other than WebHub that are readily available?

(I know you have IRCHub, but how do I access that from the calc?)
You need the CALCnet Chat client.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
You need the CALCnet Chat client.
Indeed, and you can grab CALCnet Chat here. You can use any hub name you can spell, but only WebHub and IRCHub have bridge daemons running on them to provide special services. Eventually FTPHub will have something as well, for what it's worth.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours