Bryant Pond, Maine - On August 20th, 2011, Cemetech made its first forays towards its next great frontier, the vastness of interstellar space. Four intrepid members of the Cemetech administration team launched a TI-84+SE calculator into space, which orbited the planet before returning safely to Earth. The calculator collected eye-opening data about the feasibility of future calculator-based expeditions to the Moon, Mars, and to planetary systems far beyond our current reach. These four brave aeronautics pioneers documented their work, and the Cemetech Space Exploration Program is proud to share this video with you today. Join us in welcoming the dawn of a new age in space-borne technology!

Haha, that looks like great fun! I'd liked the "Blackbird" (It's the Batman Rocket Very Happy). I thought this was going to be about Portal 2 at first Razz
I want that app!
Hahaha, very nice video! Very Happy I loved it.
_player1537 wrote:
Haha, that looks like great fun! I'd liked the "Blackbird" (It's the Batman Rocket Very Happy). I thought this was going to be about Portal 2 at first Razz
Nope, still haven't played Portal 2. Smile
Hahaha, that looks like it was great fun.
Hmm, I need to get out and launch my rockets... Haven't done it all summer.
seana11 wrote:
Hmm, I need to get out and launch my rockets... Haven't done it all summer.

It's no where near as cool unless you can launch your calculator too.
Hehe, certainly looks like you lot had fun together. Very Happy
haha, I seriously thought you were going to launch a good calculator XD

very entertaining video, it seems you all had a lot of fun Smile

did you all go to the beach earlier? Kerm/Elfprince seemed to be wearing swim trunks
Beach? Try lake Smile Didn't you see it outside of Elfprince's window in the beginning?
oohh yeeah, I forgot they are right near a lake x.x
You should have announced this, me and my dad would have come out and launched our rockets. In fact my dad launched small animals in rockets before anyone here was born, so we've already beat you to manned spaceflight. We never thought to launch a calculator though. Golf-balls, yes, army men on parachutes, yes, but never calculators. We should 1up you guys and actually launch one with some kind of data gathering package like an accelerometer or a barometer. Now that I think about it, if you guys could put together the hardware and software package, my dad has the 30+ years of experience needed to make it fly. We could even bring our massive G-engine Viking rocket out of mothballs for this, which could actually hold several TI-83/84 series calculators in it's payload compartment...
Awesome! I like the binary countdown best.

Forgive the lack of audio, Youtube are being copyright Nazis. I'll re-up the original to Vimeo or some place later.
When will the data be made available to the public?
benryves wrote:
Hehe, certainly looks like you lot had fun together. Very Happy
Indeed we did!
We had tons of fun. DShiznit, an Arduino / accelerometer / altimeter package could easily stream data to a calculator via CALCnet for recording and analysis. That would be awesome! Yes, we did go swimming and canoeing and such, but that day we had gone watersliding on natural rock waterslides at Steppe Falls.
KermMartian wrote:
that day we had gone watersliding on natural rock waterslides at Steppe Falls.
Step Falls. Maybe Kerm went to Ye Olde Steppe Falls. The rest of use were in NEW England.
I thought they were Steppes, hence Steppe Falls. Smile Now you have your Step Falls info to counter my Androscoggin trivia knowledge. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours