How much do you want to see it completed (all three parts)?
A lot!
 100%  [ 4 ]
I don't care. Stop working on it.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Must be inherent to human biological structure. Laughing
All the engineers in my college, including myself, compete to see who's the biggest procrastinator Smile
I tested it, but you need to include the pic you used. I would recomend not using one, due to other programs use them
lawl...make it generated instead
I am working on a uno game for jon (not JPez), and he uses pics, but I plan on making two subprogs that will generate them
you mean TI-Jon right? Good, that's the most 1337 way to do it.
yeah, that guy. I will see how it goes though. Also, jon, learn to use the other pixel commands. like how to, in one statement draw your box, not each pixel. (yes, he did do this, I did change it though)
Sorry about the pic issue. I decided that for what I needed that using a pic var was the most efficient way speedwise to run the game. If you look at the pic and code you'll probably understand. generating the pic each frame would be far too slow, but I'll try to improve on it.
K. Someone needs to invent a better pic system, perhaps it shall be me for DCS 6. Smile
yeah, 10 is nowhere near enough
there are a variety of ASM proggies that will save/display a pic from a "list" (its same size as a normal pic var), the list can even be archived when you display it.

just look around in the ticalc.org archives
BASIC progs can do that too. There are at least 20 of them on ticalc. I spent some times making a pic<->real converter. Man, that was interesting. Very Happy
I once made a very good pic<->string converter. What it did was it converted pixels to binary 33 bits at a time and then compressed that into a base 62 string of approximately 4 characters. An entire picture could take up as few as 500 bytes. Very Happy
Kuro wrote:
BASIC progs can do that too. There are at least 20 of them on ticalc. I spent some times making a pic<->real converter. Man, that was interesting. Very Happy

Me too, except it was a Pic<-->List converter that used GIF compression.
Kuro wrote:

i've done it too, only mine went to a list....

but BASIC versions are inherently alot slower, the ASM ones can disp/save near-instantly Wink
Aye, sounds like it's a fairly standard newb project...
It does. I think once something's been done more than about 5 or 6 times it becomes a target for n00b projects.
Very Happy Indeed.
yeah, then some 1337 programmer comes along, takes the n00b project, and makes the best version of it out there
Indeed. 1337 programmers like us. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours