Ok, so I have the money to purchase the parts for a bridge. However, I don't know what I need to buy. Sad

What is the complete list of things I need to purchase for an Arduino bridge + the status LED?
If you have a TI-84 Plus, you don't need to make a bridge. Smile
if you really want to use the arduino bridge, that is fine, but I think USB would be much less time consuming, but dont let me discourage you or anything, if you want to use arduino that is fine.
I believe he does not, though. Smile From the Whitepaper:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/techreports/tech005_gcn.pdf

Whitepaper wrote:
The full parts list for a gCn bridge need only include an Arduino and its USB cable (over
which both data and power are transferred) and plugs or sockets necessary to connect one or
more calculators. If you also wish to be able to see the state of the Arduino, a single RGB
LED with three 330ohm resistors is recommended; for additional LEDs showing the state of
the two data lines in CALCnet, two single-color LEDs, two PNP transistors, and four more
resistors are needed. Although a complete gCn bridge is marginally more complex to build than
a simple CALCnet2.2 hub, the simple version requires no more soldering or electronics skill.
I have a 83+ and a 84+ is too expensive for me to buy atm Sad
HOMER-16 wrote:
I have a 83+ and a 84+ is too expensive for me to buy atm Sad

yep, arduino is the way to go with only a TI-83+. good luck with building one, in that case.
FWIW, used 84+ calculators can be found for <$60 + transportation fees. But that remains more expensive than an Arduino.
Ok, my Arduino board came today, when I strip the wire off of my unit to unit cable, can I just push the wires into the pins or do I have to use something like in the pictures?
I used those male headers because it's hard to get stranded wire to go into female headers. One option would be to use a soldering iron to tin the ends of the wires, if you have one.
Ok thanks, I will probably invest in something to hold it together better at a later date.

Right now I'm just running into a problem programming the dang thing.

I installed the driver, downloaded the files, and ran the command:

Code:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude" -C"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf" -patmega328p -cstk500v1 -P\\.\COM4 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:"gcnbridge2_Arduino.328.hex":i

from the appropriate location but I get:

Code:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xf9
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Did anything go wrong? I'm using the Arduino Uno Board.
Ah, I believe that the Uno uses a difference bootloader. Let me see if anyone else has an Uno and can help us track down this issue. The problem is most likely that the "-cstk500v1" argument is not correct.
I have an Arduino Uno, but I didn't experience this problem. I probably used a different -p argument indeed, though the Arduino is, IIRC, a 328p.
Oh, I didn't even think to mention that part. Is COM4 indeed your correct serial part, as Lionel brought up?
Yes, COM4 is the correct port. The only thing I can think of right now is that, maybe I need to reboot first since I installed the driver.

EDIT: Rebooting did not solve the problem
Based on what I've been reading, try a baud rate of 115200 (ie, instead of -b57600, do -b115200).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours