TIFreak8x alerted me to a free offer that Casio is running, wherein you can get a free set of "Skinit" decals for your Prizm, including free shipping. I made custom Cemetech skins for mine, if anyone would like the images and instructions to replicate it; I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive.

http://www.casioeducation.com/skinit
That's interesting. I'll try getting that now. I'm curious how this works...
omg omg omg I <3 u casio

Are these skins like stickers, replacement plastic plates, stretchy "skins" made of fabric, or something else? I don't know what I'll put on mine; either something with "Ashbad ~~~ Omnimaga, Cemetech, ..." on it or perhaps a picture ripped from playboy. Perhaps the former if I don't want it confiscated, but then again, I haven't used a calculator for explicit math classes in over a year, so I would be safe with the latter i'm sure.

Any serious suggestions?
Yeah I'm curious too. For mine, I was thinking of either using the background on Omni or some of my album covers, or a Quebec Nordiques-themed calc.

EDIT: Decided to go with the 2nd. ^^
It's tied to your calculator serial number, although if you know the pattern of serial numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if some reprehensible person exploited the system. They're like super-stickers, if I understand correctly.
Just to test it out, I generated another valid serial number. Yeah, there's no real validation against it. There is validation against duplicate serials.

PS: My apologies to the person who has serial number 755AW0ZMA020717. PM/Email me if you'd like the code.
This looks pretty interesting. I'll probably not be able to get one though, since it doesn't seem to ship outside of North America.
Haha Qwerty, I'm glad you're not using it for evil though. Smile JosJuice, ouch, that's a bummer. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
I made custom Cemetech skins for mine, if anyone would like the images and instructions to replicate it
Yes please.
1) All three pieces, black background
2) Back of calculator, Cemetech logo image, rotated 90deg, width/height at 121 of 473, so that "CEM" is visible on the back of the calculator, reading from bottom to top.
3) Front of calculator: Cemetech logo image, scaled to fit in the area above the LCD. Shapes->Splatter->Splatter 7, color #990000, scaled down and about 70% transparency, used to decorate keypad area.
4) Slide case: logo rotated 90deg, about 56% scaling to fit fully on the slide case with a tiny amount of overbleed.

Image is
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Just to test it out, I generated another valid serial number. Yeah, there's no real validation against it. There is validation against duplicate serials.

PS: My apologies to the person who has serial number 755AW0ZMA020717. PM/Email me if you'd like the code.
Wait a sec that's my calc's serial number!!! jk Razz

And I did just order one with the US Naval Academy mascot which is my top college choice. I'll post pictures once it arrives but that probably won't be until over a week from now considering I'm leaving for a trip on Thursday
Nifty, I look forward to seeing how that looks when you get it. My skin supposedly shipped yesterday, so I'll be waiting with baited breath to be able to post pictures for you.
They shipped mine now. Also I am happy they didn't charge anything to ship it outside United States (unless they charge me at the post office when I pick it up?).

I wonder how long my skin stuff will take to arrive, though. Sometimes free stuff or refunds takes months to arrive, such as those postal rebates some companies offers on stuff you buy in stores. (In one occasion, I bought a Lexar USB jumpdrive and got my postal rebate half a year later. Another time, I never actually received my rebate).

Hopefully the skin will have come out well. I didn't theme it to Omni, because I already have another calc that is themed to it (although it's crappily hand-made. X.x)
Oooh, you made your own stickers? If so, that's pretty cool. I tend to think SkinIt is shipping these at normal non-free speeds; I'm pretty sure that Casio is paying SkinIt for the skins as a sort of promotion, so SkinIt has no reason to ship any slower. Smile I'm still waiting, unfortunately; maybe it will arrive tomorrow.
Mine apparently came yesterday but I can't check it out yet as I'm away from home. They ship from San Diego so that's why is was probably so fast. I live in Orange County which is about an hour drive
Mine came today, but I wasn't home, so they couldn't deliver it. The "we were here" slip says it is a tubular package. Shock
Mine came in and it turned out pretty well. This is a pre made design and it's amazing how well they customized it to fit the Prizm. The stickers are of high quality and are easily removable. And yes I did get my tubular package Very Happy

Wow, those look pretty hot! I can't wait to post pictures of mine. Smile You chose a nice color scheme and image set imho.
Those looks pretty nice. I hope I don't have to wait like a month to get mine.

When I buy stuff from Ebay, it usually takes between one and two weeks to arrive if it comes from Western Canada, two to three weeks if it comes from Europe, Asia and Australia, but from USA it takes between three and five weeks. X.x
Apparently mine arrived last Saturday; mailman fail. Sad

I received my Cemetech-branded Casio Prizm skins from skinit yesterday, and as previously reported by Cemetech Prizm coder z80man, they are of impressively high quality. The template fits the calculator very nicely, other than a small offset on one rubber foot of the slide case, and they look like they'll be reasonably durable. The topic here links to the offer that seems to be free for anyone who has bought a Prizm; they require only your calculator's serial number. If anyone is interested in their own Cemetech Prizm skins, I have detailed the creation of the skin and included the necessary images in the attached topic, and I'll try to upload some higher-resolution photographs at some point.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours