Cemetech Minecraft server
Yes
 80%  [ 8 ]
No
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Hey,

today I talked about Cemetech Minecraft server with Kerm and he actually liked the idea.

Pricing info;

Server Prices

Counter-strike.com
1.49$ per slot (+ 5$ for 500mb more ram (total of 1GB))
Note; -50% of the final price with coupon.
Offers clan/group pay system

Minecraftserverhost.net
Ram packages; 1GB ram 29.95$
( http://www.minecraftserverhost.net/minecraft_plans.html )
( CURRENTLY SOLD OUT ALL PLANS )

Servercraft.co
Ram packages; 1GB ram 29.99$ per month (14.99$ first month)
( http://servercraft.co/pricing/ )

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com

Dedicated server is one option, but it brings us a big bill.

Only few hosting services above, and css.com seems to be the cheapest one and most reliable.

The hosts with ram packages have unlimited slots but limited ram.
Counter-strike.com got limited slots with 1GB ram and small price.

Please vote yes or no for the server and suggest other host services.

Kerm edit if you have anything to add.
I vote yes, but I would like for the server to be in offline mode so that people like me could join. Regarding hosting, could the minecraft server run on the same machine that's running our UT server?
souvik1997 wrote:
I vote yes, but I would like for the server to be in offline mode so that people like me could join. Regarding hosting, could the minecraft server run on the same machine that's running our UT server?

Forget offline mode, buy the game like the rest of us, and yes, get a server if it can be afforded.
Very Happy
I think if we had a server, a legitimate online server would be best, although I hate to alienate poor Souvik. Sad I like the idea of a Cemetech Minecraft server, although I have concerns about it (1) taking us away from Evocat.us (2) being a big free time drain on people like me who have very little free time to begin with. As Pizza was asking earlier, would people want a Towny/PvP type of server, or a Creative type of server?
Creative.
Personally, I think Evocat.us is fine. For the four or five Cemetechians that do play, we can comfortably fit inside Evocat.us. Once and if we get ten fifteen and even thirty regular, I say we consider our own Server. Where every member pitches in a dollar or so every month. If we only have five players, that's six bucks for each. And honestly, I don't want to pay six bucks for a server I'll likely be on three times a month. Three, two or one dollar I could do however.

Also, if we get a server. I recommend it must be a white list server. That is, if we intend on spreading the cost of hosting across members. So that way, to play you have to pay part of the hosting. But, that brings up that we'd be a "subscription" only server. Which isn't that favorable.

souvik1997 wrote:
I vote yes, but I would like for the server to be in offline mode so that people like me could join.
No. Why? Only one unregistered person can be online on a server at a time. Unregistered players show up as "Player." Sadly to the server, it thinks every unregistered account is the same user, and thus you'll be booted from the server when another logs in. A white list, even in offline mode, can't prevent this from happening, since you have to White list "Player" and not the actual account name.

Lastly, because of this, everyone who is "Player" will share inventory and your house won't be yours it will be everyone who plays your character.

I say, pay the 20$ (after international currency exchange and fee's) and enjoy the server without fear of being booted by another Cemetechian (or griever) who has an unregistered copy.
FWIW, you can change your name, even when you don't own Minecraft. I know for a fact that this is possible. That brings up that, if we make it off-line, anyone could join, because they can change their names to be anything. For that, I vote it would have to be on-line. I have no way of helping pay for the server, so if you get it, I'll have to stay off. And it should be a vanilla server because mods are silly. Smile Regardless, Evocat.us is fine, except for a select few that decide to be stupid and spam, etc.
comic: while I am not promoting using the game without buying it, there are ways (and fairly easy ways, too) to be unregistered without showing up as "Player".
Edit: ninja'd by _player.
I'm inclined to agree that the *ten of us or so who regularly play Minecraft plus the five other occasional players stick with Evocatus for now. The server is getting quiet with people leaving during the pre-1.8 lull, so it would be better to re-invigorate it instead of subdividing its users imho. I therefore vote that we put this on a backburner until/unless the Cemetechians start to overwhelm Evocat.us.
Just play Terraria. It's way better and far less addicting.
I would just want a server where it is just like playing vanilla SSP >.>

but that is just my opinion, if that is not a choice, I would choose PvP
qazz42 wrote:

So why not just build on Vanilla SSP for your vanilla freebuild needs? Smile
I'd really like a hardcore survival co-op server, with enhanced mobs. I've only seen a few of these servers around.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Just play Terraria. It's way better and far less addicting.
That's a good thing?
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

eh, ssp gets boring for me, vanilla smp with PvP disabled is usually fun, I don't know why, but it just is.
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

eh, ssp gets boring for me, vanilla smp with PvP disabled is usually fun, I don't know why, but it just is.

Maybe because building and surviving with friends is more fun then alone in most cases?
oh course I don't say no to certian plugins, a cool plugin that I really like is

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-amnesiacraft-v1-1-2-fear-the-dark-935.15104/

Very Happy it makes surviving more exciting.
qazz42 wrote:
oh course I don't say no to certian plugins, a cool plugin that I really like is

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-amnesiacraft-v1-1-2-fear-the-dark-935.15104/

Very Happy it makes surviving more exciting.

That sounds like fun as well, makes it almost a requirement for more then 1 player on at a time. Surprised
Just my two cents on this:

I play Minecraft, and I like multiplayer. I usually play on a (mostly vanilla SMP) server with some friends of mine I know through school and various other real life ways.

I might be interested in checking out another server and playing on it occasionally; just because it's still people I know (albeit only online). I would feel less inclined to check out what those same people were doing on Evocatus because Evocatus is primarily non-Cemetechians.

I don't know if anyone else would agree, but I would say that it's not impossible you'd get a few more players if you had a dedicated Cemetech Minecraft server.

qazz42 wrote:

In other words, you want vanilla SMP? Razz
I made a topic a long time ago, about the various serverhosts I had found, and which one I chose, and I left it there in case anyone just happened to have the same problem. >_>

GSVerse offers a package with 1.5 GB RAM, for about $33 per month, great support (the longest I ever had to wait for a ticket to be replied to was 4 hours for a low importance ticket), FTP access, Dedicated IP (no port needed), a free mumble server, and even comes with webspace if cemetech just happens to want more webspace with GSVerse.

Also btw, I heard while asking about serverhosts that servercraft is very limited in their access to your server's files. I heard a number of other people complaining about it on IRC and in forum posts.
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
I made a topic a long time ago, about the various serverhosts I had found, and which one I chose, and I left it there in case anyone just happened to have the same problem. >_>

GSVerse offers a package with 1.5 GB RAM, for about $33 per month, great support (the longest I ever had to wait for a ticket to be replied to was 4 hours for a low importance ticket), FTP access, Dedicated IP (no port needed), a free mumble server, and even comes with webspace if cemetech just happens to want more webspace with GSVerse.

The issue there is the $33, it should be split between those who play, but what if one of them stops paying or quits and no longer has the need to pay? That is the one and only true downside I can see.

I would gladly help with the payment if I could finally get me a job.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours