I have downloaded doors 7th edition on my ti-83+ SE, downloaded plenty of programs, but all of them display the answer for a fraction of a second and quit back to doors home screen with no time for me to copy the answer. please help me.
The programs use Output to display the answer then nothing more. If possible, modify them and put "Pause" on a new line after Output.

DoorsCS uses the graph screen, so after a program quits at the HomeScreen DCS quickly switches back to the graph screen and renders itself.
alisal wrote:
I have downloaded doors 7th edition on my ti-83+ SE, downloaded plenty of programs, but all of them display the answer for a fraction of a second and quit back to doors home screen with no time for me to copy the answer. please help me.

welcome to Cemetech! As I had suggested to you in the chatroom, you coul put a Pause at the end of your programs that you are running, so that they would wait for you to press Enter before exiting. I had thought that DCS waited for you to press a key, but it could have very well been that it waits for a few seconds. You should Introduce Yourself!
can you then please help me or direct me to an interpolation program that might have a pause in ? i am ignorat when it comes to programming :s
Editing it is easy. Would you mind linking us to one of the programs you downloaded so I, or someone, else can show you in this topic?
Right click on the program in DCS and click "Edit", then scroll to the bottom [2nd][Alpha][Down] but hold onto Down. When you reach the bottom, press [Alpha] and then [Prgm][4] (or look in the menu for Pause). Then press [2nd][Mode] to quit. It should work, now.
its not working with me, i have included the url of the program i have downloaded if any of you guys would like to help me =) i would appreciate it !
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/174/17449.html
  1. In DoorsCS7, move the cursor onto the program and press ALPHA (DCS7's version of right-clicking)

2. Move the cursor to EDIT (on the bottom of the context menu) and click it

3. In the editor that comes up, scroll down and find every Stop command, and for each one:
    1. With your cursor directly on top of the S in Stop, press 2nd+{INS} (press [2nd], then [DEL]), then press ENTER once to enter a new line before it
    2. Put your cursor in that blank line, press PRGM > 8:Pause to paste Pause there
    Just for reference, this is where you should put the Pause:

4. Press 2nd+{QUIT} (press [2nd], then [MODE]) to quit

Hope that's clear enough.
thanks a lot guys it worked like magic ! appreciate it =)
Thanks for helping out this user, everyone. I'm a bit surprised at this report, actually, because Doors CS is designed to pause on the result of a homescreen program if it exits with the homescreen visible and non-blank.
Could it be because of the Stop statements?
_player1537 wrote:
Could it be because of the Stop statements?
Possible but unlikely, since Doors CS catches Stop and translates it into a sort of absolute Return. I'll have to look at my code and see what's happening.
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for helping out this user, everyone. I'm a bit surprised at this report, actually, because Doors CS is designed to pause on the result of a homescreen program if it exits with the homescreen visible and non-blank.

Really? I've never actually seen that happen, even with my own programs.
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Really? I've never actually seen that happen, even with my own programs.
Same here. That was one of my minor complaints about DCS too, until I forgot about it. Wink
Same for me. I guess I didn't notice it because Mirage does the same thing (quitting immediately when it reaches the end of a program).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours