It doesn't like Wikipedia in general, it seems. Speaking of Wikipedia, I see there's no way to type an underscore ("_") either :/
You're right about that. One easy solution to this would be to have [?] [=] [&] [_] buttons below the text input box in Gossamer, the way DocDE 7 has its symbol table.
New bug. Reproducibility: Always. (Windows, DirectUSB)
  1. Start gcnclient to connect to WebHub and start Gossamer.
  2. Follow the default page's link to "[2]ticalc.org Files"
  3. Follow the first link on that page ("[1]ticalc.org")
  4. Gossamer displays "Loading page..." and then shows a blank page
  5. gcnclient loses connection with the calculator

What I see during this entire process: (first line is starting gcnclient)

Code:
gcnclient -d d -n WebHub -l CalcHub
Info: Using default server host gcnhub.cemetech.net
Info: Using default port 4295
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Resolved hostname.
Wrote 18 bytes to socket (join msg)
Received 52 bytes
FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA 0A 3D FFFFFF85 50 78 28 00 2E 68 74
 74 70 3A 2F 2F 77 77 77 2E 63 65 6D 65 74 65 63 68 2E 6E 65 74 2F 67 63 6E 2F 7
0 6F 72 74 61 6C 2E 68 74 6D 6C
Sent frame of length 40 to server
Wrote 58 bytes to socket (frame msg)
Received message of length 24 from server.
Received message of length 300 from server.
Received 39 bytes
FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA 0A 3D FFFFFF85 50 78 1B 00 2E 68 74
 74 70 3A 2F 2F 77 77 77 2E 74 69 63 61 6C 63 2E 6F 72 67 2F 70 75 62 2F
Sent frame of length 27 to server
Wrote 45 bytes to socket (frame msg)
Received message of length 24 from server.
Received message of length 1023 from server.
Received message of length 810 from server.
Received message of length 764 from server.
Received message of length 494 from server.
Received 35 bytes
FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA FFFFFFAA 0A 3D FFFFFF85 50 78 17 00 2E 68 74
 74 70 3A 2F 2F 77 77 77 2E 74 69 63 61 6C 63 2E 6F 72 67 2F
Sent frame of length 23 to server
Wrote 41 bytes to socket (frame msg)
Received message of length 1023 from server.
usb_bulk_write (libusb0-dll:err [_usb_reap_async] timeout error
).
Error: Failed to send Direct USB frame
Replicated. My analysis:

1) Gossamer thinks that it got all the data it needs to get, hence why it stops emptying the USB buffer, hence why the gcnclient things the calculator isn't paying attention.
2) Gossamer receives three frame types: one to tell it how much text and url data is coming, one for all the text, and one for all the url data. Presumably it's reading that wrong.
3) Needs to be fixed.
4) Edit: Looking at the trace, it seems the server isn't sending the first frame, so Gossamer gives up
5) Edit #2: Didn't read carefully enough:

Code:
FF89 0A22F52B52 AAAAAAAAAA 0600 2F00C032AD26 2A
       "   + R                  /     2   &  *
Wrote frame, type 'f', size '21', to bridge

That means frame type 0x2F, text length 32C0, url length 26AD. That's 12,992 bytes of text and 9,901 bytes of url. I can only assume that my calculator doesn't have the free RAM for that. More debugging coming soon!
why does gossamer fail to load home page sometimes(like right now)
annoyingorange wrote:
why does gossamer fail to load home page sometimes(like right now)
As far as I can tell, the WebHub occasionally freezes. I need to add more debug info and make it happen again (with you guys' help!) to narrow it down more. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
annoyingorange wrote:
Sorunome wrote:
Cool! And where's the "=" to enter in the url? I can't find it.... :S And what are these special dcs versions about?

I will ask where is the "=" on the ti-84PSE
Unfortunately, I realized there's no way to type an "=" sign, something I will fix by 7.2 final if you guys continue to remind me.

Don't forget to add a way to type an equal sign Very Happy !
I'm facinated by how this is coming along. could someone post the link online when the apple version of CalcNet comes out? I would like to help beta test.
Oh yes, I need to nag Elfprince about that; thank you for reminding me. I also proposed an alternate solution to the missing symbols thing earlier on this page:

I wrote:
One easy solution to this would be to have [?] [=] [&] [_] buttons below the text input box in Gossamer, the way DocDE 7 has its symbol table.
Hmmm.... true. true. The only problem is that in DocDE 7, the symbols are so squished together that you can't tell one from the other. Try not to do that with this please. Smile An idea for this would be to put them in little boxes instead of just floating underneath the input. I will attempt to replicate my idea and give basic screenshots later (I don't have the time at this particular moment Smile).
I didn't find that to be the case. Unfortunately, I had to but them close together in order to fit everything inside the window. As I said, these will be in GUIRButtonText elements. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Oh yes, I need to nag Elfprince about that; thank you for reminding me. I also proposed an alternate solution to the missing symbols thing earlier on this page:

I wrote:
One easy solution to this would be to have [?] [=] [&] [_] buttons below the text input box in Gossamer, the way DocDE 7 has its symbol table.

Ah, sorry, I didn't get to it when I thought I would, and my MBP is getting its trackpad swapped out at the local apple shop this week (swollen battery = cracked glass).
That's just stupendous re: your Mac. Sad Sorry to hear it. Not a problem, you'll get to it when you get to it. I recall a certain maroon TI-84+SE of yours, so I won't bother asking if you'll be able to test as well. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
That's just stupendous re: your Mac. Sad Sorry to hear it. Not a problem, you'll get to it when you get to it. I recall a certain maroon TI-84+SE of yours, so I won't bother asking if you'll be able to test as well. Smile

It isn't so bad. I have a chance to knock off my summer reading, and I have everything backed up in case I need any documents at work.
Not to mention that computer companies in general don't have the best records of being respectful of your hard drive when doing repairs from what I've heard; not sure how Apple does. Anyway, keep me posted. And calcdude, let me know when you can test that version that I think solves the problems you were reporting with Wikipedia and such.
Sorry about that, Kerm. I can test now if you're online, and if not then later today, most likely.
To keep myself and everyone updated, incremental improvements, but still not fixed. It seems that it recognizes and displays the "too big" message now, but still isn't properly accepting and discarding the packets it cannot properly store and display. I'm also narrowing in on the Wikipedia page problems that seem to make the WebHub unavailable.
I have a question for Wifi (when it is implemented),will you still have to run gcnclient.exe for gossamer to work or will the device (I forget what) have it built in?
annoyingorange wrote:
I have a question for Wifi (when it is implemented),will you still have to run gcnclient.exe for gossamer to work or will the device (I forget what) have it built in?
Hell, you could use an Arduino with an Ethernet shield with current code to do away with the gcnClient.exe and computer entirely. However, the wireless system that I'm envisioning would still have its hub slaved to a computer.
can you have it also use silverlink cable for my 2 ti-83pbe I want to use it for that
annoyingorange wrote:
can you have it also use silverlink cable for my 2 ti-83pbe I want to use it for that
It wouldn't really work with CALCnet. The SilverLink only accepts TI's protocol, and the entire point of CALCnet is to not use TI's protocol.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours